Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. Does anyone else feel guilty...

Does anyone else feel guilty... Rss

Hi everybody...
Today for the first time, at around 13:00 I couldnt wait for my baby to get to sleep cause I was sssssssoooo tired I couldnt keep my eyes open any longer and I just smile or make funny faces any longer!! I just wanted him to sleep so I could drink my coffee in peace and stare at the wall for a while... Is that awful or what??? <span class="emoticon unsure">unsure</span>

Be the best mom you can be!

Birthday in a box! A great solution to every mom
No and you shouldnt feel guilty either. We're mums not machines and just because you want a coffee in peace doesnt mean you love him any less, it just means you are human.

I remember when DD was a couple of weeks old, hubby went back to work and i just freaked. DD had vomited over me...i mean ALL OVER me and herself. She was crying from being hungry AGAIN and i hadnt had breakfast, showered....anything. I just started crying. I can laugh about it now, but at the time i was feeling awful, like i was the worst mother in the world. (if i knew then what i know now lol)

Hi everybody...
Today for the first time, at around 13:00 I couldnt wait for my baby to get to sleep cause I was sssssssoooo tired I couldnt keep my eyes open any longer and I just smile or make funny faces any longer!! I just wanted him to sleep so I could drink my coffee in peace and stare at the wall for a while... Is that awful or what??? <span class="emoticon unsure">unsure</span>

Be the best mom you can be!

Birthday in a box! A great solution to every mom

try not to feel guilty. this mum business is a tough one. but, in response to your question, Yes i feel guilty too (just contradicted myself!), I wish that my DS would sleep about 4 times a week-so not a once off for me.

I hope you get a nice peaceful break tomorrow.
nup, dont feel guilty at all smile
I would not feel guilty. I love playing with DD but I also look forward to her afternoon naps. Thats when I surf the net, send emails to friends, watch Bold and the Beautiful and catch up on my own sleep LOL. I find entertaining baby all day is hard work. You need to have your own quiet time just to relax and have a break.
if ever i am tired or just over it. if my son (5mth) is fed and changed and warm etc i just put him in his cot and go for a nap or whatever have a cup of tea alone or something.

i dont feel guilty at all. sure he would probably enjoy playing with me but i cant do everything all the time and if hes safe and doesnt need anything then its ok in my books smile

never feel guilty about keeping your sanity and sleep!! smile
Definately not awful!! We get a break from work, why can't we get a break from our kids every so often?? It makes us better mummies when our minds are a bit fresher!

you can't spend your entire parenting life feeling guilty over wanting some time to yourself or you will go insane.
its perfectly normal to be "over it" and if a mother said she had never felt that way, i would call her a liar tongue
sometimes you need to take 15 minutes out for yourself, even if it means doing what mum2be!! said and just ensuring bub is safe and content, and then going and watching tv, have a cuppa, or just hang some washing out in peace etc.
Too many mums put pressure on themselves to be these perfect parents and we have to remember at the end of the day we are still human and still have our own needs and wants and its important that we listen to them too.

enjoy the wonderful experience of motherhood smile
?????????? I live my days in wait for 1pm when I can put both my DSs down and have a breather, no guilt here!!!!
god now never feel guilty for having time out for yourself!

god now never feel guilty for having time out for yourself!

I agree here, you need to have some 'you time' also.
I think guilt is so much a part of being a mum. I think we all feel it at times. Being a mum is great but we all need a break and we shouldn't feel guilty about that. I know when I take some time out to recharge both myself and my little man benefit.

Sign in to follow this topic