Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. Q for those who had summer babies.......

Q for those who had summer babies....... Rss

Hey girls,

Wanting to start stocking up on some clothes for bub to be, but DS was a winter baby. I have NOOOO idea how to dress a summer baby! I'm assuming in hospital I should still use onesies (long ones) coz of the air conditioning? Do I use singlets still?? And once I'm home, what do I dress him/her in?? Also, what do they sleep in? Do they still need wrapping, etc? I live in Melbourne, so summer can be extremely hot, but can also have it's cooler moments. Thanks in advance! Winter babies are so much easier!! LOL

hi i live in Melb and DD was born late dec. I got some singlet body suits from big W (no sleves no legs) I found these great cos you could easy drag some pants over them if i came in cool (as it does in Melb, 3 seasons in 1 day)

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

Hey girls,

Wanting to start stocking up on some clothes for bub to be, but DS was a winter baby. I have NOOOO idea how to dress a summer baby! I'm assuming in hospital I should still use onesies (long ones) coz of the air conditioning? Do I use singlets still?? And once I'm home, what do I dress him/her in?? Also, what do they sleep in? Do they still need wrapping, etc? I live in Melbourne, so summer can be extremely hot, but can also have it's cooler moments. Thanks in advance! Winter babies are so much easier!! LOL

My son was born in January so smack bang in summer. Honestly I found the best investment I made in the way of clothes was those singlets that button up between the legs, I had some long sleeve and some short sleeve. There great because they stop there tops riding up and them getting a draft on there midrift. I would use the long sleeve ones usually just with some pants chucked on if it was a colder day and on the really hot days he'ld just wear a short sleeved one on its own. At night I would usually dress him in a stretch n grow/all in one (not too thick though of course) and I would still wrap him but I would use a cotton wrap and a thin blanket over (he would not sleep any other way at night). You should probably just need a couple of new born jumpers at a geuss 5 pairs of pants and I had about 15 of each type of singlet (short/long sleeve buttun up), about 5 wraps and 3 cotton blankets.
Sign in to follow this topic