Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. To circemsize or not to That is the question

To circemsize or not to That is the question Rss

Hi I didn't get my boy done, but wonder if it would have been easyer then trying to get a 4 year old to keep it clean. I want to know if you did or not and how it's going for you.https://www.huggies.com.au/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

ellison30, Jessica 8 and patrick 4

Hi,

I didnt get my boys done, but if I could go back I think I would have. We have had so many dramas! It started when I wasnt informed on the "cleaning/pull back" method and all my boys then had to have cream put on to un fuse their skin.
i didn't get my babies done. i believe it's like other things, i'm not going to go get tonsils, apendix etc remvoved "just in case" so why would i get him cicumsized unless nessesary, but i'v always said that if problems arise and infections occur it would be like anything else and foreskin would be removed smile it's been clear sailing, not a single problem ever and a quick wash each night with the washer is all that's been needed ..which is what would be done anyway weather he was done or not!
My son didn't have his genitals cut and when he grows up his sex life will be the better for it. Anyway it wasn't my penis to cut. Only 13% of Aussie boys under 6 months are cut.

all my boys then had to have cream put on to un fuse their skin.

What age did were the boys?

The foreskin naturally detachs by puberty in most boys. Only 50% of ten year old boys are fully retractable by the age of 10. \it will retract at the right age for the boy.

If you were boys were less than 14, I suspect you were given faulty advice.

In the US, many doctors are woefully ignorant about normal penile development, and expect it to retractable at 5 or even younger.
[quote name='serendipity22' date='07 December 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1291697787' post='2863769'] My son didn't have his genitals cut and when he grows up his sex life will be the better for it. how do you honestly know what HIS sex life will be like!!!! i have 2 sons & they have both been circumsized & if this bubba is a boy he will be done too i don't really care if parents choose to have their boys done or not its a personal choice however we have not had a single problem & i am pleased that we made the decision to have my boys done

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com

we have decided to do it for this bub if its a boy. We got some facts for & against from my ob. We listed pros/cons for both sides & came up even, so the deciding factor 4 us is that DH is done so bub will be 2.
My ob will do it 4 us b4 we leave hospital.

The facts for/against doing it are pretty even in my opionion. Good reasons to do it, but also good reason not to. i think it comes down to personal preference.
I regret not getting my boy done sooner he was 8 and he was in alot of pain

we have decided to do it for this bub if its a boy. We got some facts for & against from my ob. We listed pros/cons for both sides & came up even, so the deciding factor 4 us is that DH is done so bub will be 2.

The facts for/against doing it are pretty even in my opionion. Good reasons to do it, but also good reason not to. i think it comes down to personal preference.

are you being treated in the public health system
why chop a part of the body off. both my boys are not done, i left the decision up to DH, and he said the same thing. i did throw the negatives at him like infections, sex life later in life, cleaning etc, and his reply was, if you keep clean, there will be no infections, he has never had an issue with sex (neither have I with him) and you teach your child to clean their teeth, wash between their toes and behind their ears, this is just another part to keep clean.

sure, infections later in life are possible, but you don't take your babies tonsils out just incase they get tonsilitis later in life.

but in saying that, i do believe in choice and if a parent decides thats whats best and they can handle doing that to their baby boy, then who am I to judge!
Sign in to follow this topic