Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Wrapping Newborns Rss

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows when you can stop wrapping a baby before they sleep? My 2 wk old baby doesnt like having her arms restricted but at the moment if i dont wrap her she will wake herself up throwing her arms around in her sleep.
no hard or fast rule - whatever works for your baby really. it will be a while before the startling awake goes though - DS1 did it for ages and we wrapped him until he was 5 months.

there are a few products on the market that give bub the feeling and security of being wrapped but still allow them the freedom to move their arms about without hitting themselves. one of them is the woombie. i haven't got one myself as DS2 is happy with a normal wrap at the moment, but i have heard they are good.

there is also the peke moe, which doesn't wrap as tightly but still kind of keeps their hands from bashing themselves in the face.

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows when you can stop wrapping a baby before they sleep? My 2 wk old baby doesnt like having her arms restricted but at the moment if i dont wrap her she will wake herself up throwing her arms around in her sleep.

Hi,

We didn't wrap our little boy, as he didn't like having his arms restricted as well. So we put him in a sleeping bag. They come thick or thing and are the the thing for bubs who dont like being restricted. You can buy the in lots of place's. I think we have one from target and other from pumkin patch. You can get one's with arms or with out. we love them. No more tears at sleep times.

Emma
we didnt wrap DD either, she kept escaping, even the nurses couldnt keep her wrapped!!!! so from about 9 days old we put her in a gro bag, she loved it and I knew that she wasnt going to pull the blankets over her head and she wouldnt get cold. we have used sleeping bags up until a month or so ago when she started jumping in her cot! she is 1 now.
have you tried to wrap bubs with arms up (next to head)instead of down next to their body? gives them a little movement without hitting themselves and waking up.
I stopped wrapping my son at 3 months and also put him into a gro bag, I think they are the best things ever invented!!! No blankets necessary so u dont have to worry about them pulling their blankets over their head and there are a few different ones so you can get one to suit your climate.
I dont think there is a rule to wrapping your bubs, whatever works for you smile
Sign in to follow this topic