Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. Trouble with nappies leaking

Trouble with nappies leaking Rss

We have a 3 week old bub. Her nappy is on correctly but it keeps leaking through her clothes and sheets. Does anyone know why? Nappy is huggies for newborns

We have a 3 week old bub. Her nappy is on correctly but it keeps leaking through her clothes and sheets. Does anyone know why? Nappy is huggies for newborns

I found that happened quite a few times with me when my baby was newborn, and I was using huggies newborn nappies too. I think its because they drink so much that they wee heaps maybe?

Unfortunately this is a common event with any baby and any nappy. Its just a matter of having spare clothes and sheets handy. It does get better with age. My DS stopped having 'explosive' nappies once some solids were introduced to his diet at about 6mths. Until that time nappisan was my best friend!
if she is near to the next size, go to that. But my 2 1/2 year old still wets through the nappy at night, he pees like a firehose!!
going up to the next size will probably help. i had that issue with huggies newborns both times. and with every size when they got close to needing the next size - that was my cue to get the next one up.

i have changed over to babylove infant nappies, and have had hardly any leaks. if they have leaked it was because i accidentally left his singlet in the back or forgot to check his doodle was pointing south laugh

A good tip I was given for huggies is to go up a size a kilo before the recommended weight on the box. The next size up will go higher up on waist as well so won't leak as much, and will hold more. I also skipped the infant size and went straight from newborn to crawler without any dramas as the infants size don't come in the jumbo box.

A good tip I was given for huggies is to go up a size a kilo before the recommended weight on the box. The next size up will go higher up on waist as well so won't leak as much, and will hold more. I also skipped the infant size and went straight from newborn to crawler without any dramas as the infants size don't come in the jumbo box.

infants DO come in a jumbo box....try baby bunting..on sale at the moment!
i also went from Newborn to Crawler, didn't really see much point in buying the infant size smile

My baby boy is 4 months old and this occasionally still happens. I use Huggies and swear by them, best nappy around in my opinion. I also went up a size to the infant which helped as it went further up his back. I also brought a pair of pilchers to put over his nappy through the night, worked a treat
Sign in to follow this topic