Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. wondering what good buy eg cream& lotion packs????

wondering what good buy eg cream& lotion packs???? Rss

i have 2 boxes of huggies napppies on layby 108 for $30 each
brought huge box of wipes yesterday 480 wipes for $16.00

i am wanting to buy lotions & creams for bubba in bulk i hope save cash

any good formulas in case i cant breastfeed

plz help any ideas ????
The only thing I recommend is Lasinoh nipple cream - for yourself not for bub!

(I tried all of them and that was the best one)

I've been going to the chemist! Chemist warehouse is the best around my area. You can get the big bottles of Johnson’s baby bath, cream and talc powder pretty cheap. The normally have nappies, wipes and all other baby stuff aswell. They can also probably provide good advice on formulas if your interested in getting some advice.

I also find BigW have big packs of stuff aswell!

Good luck.
Hi.
Just a suggestion but I would not go out and buy a whole tin of formula - because once it is open you have to use it within the month.
My DS is 8 weeks and he has one formula bottle before bed at night - when we first tried him on it the midwife suggested to buy the single servings until we new it was worth buying a large tin.
lotions and creams - I use johnson's baby night time bath, barrier cream for baby's bottom. I would also recommend nipple cream - I only needed to use it for the first couple of weeks so far.
Before my DS was born I would add a lotion or nappy's/wipes to the supermarket trolley each week.
I personally wouldn't bother, lol. A face washer and the warm water from the bath is more than enough, just get some Bepanthan or Sudocream in case of nappy rash and Lasinoh is great for your nipples!

Formula will have to wait until bub is born as you will have no idea which formula they can tolerate best until the time comes.
I wouldnt but too much lotions or creams in bulk as they may not suit the bubs skin. DD cuold use the Johnsons Bed time bath but dried DS's skin out.
The only things I would get are a tub of pawpaw as this is good for everything from nappy rash to burns and dry lips. I have one in my handbag, nappy bag and the 1st aid kit. Also sorbolene cream is great.
As for youself pawpaw is great as is Lansinoh and cocoa butter.
Formula, like someone else said just buy the sachets as bubs might not need formula or like the one you get so you are not wasting anything.

these are the things that we have/do use in our first few weeks...
*sudo cream
*johnsons top to toe wash
*johnson's baby sorbolene cream
*face washers (for bath time, poo explosions and also spew rags

I brought the tommee tippe closer to nature bottles and used these for the first time the other day with expressed bm and bubs took the bottle without issue and went back to bf without issue

Also if you plan to breast feed id recommend getting a couple of pkts of breast pads also because i had a tear i went through 2pkts of libra maternity pads in a week and had to buy more so maybe stock up on a few of these cos are great not only for heavy bleeding but great for the extra padding for those sore areas!

these are the things that we have/do use in our first few weeks...
*sudo cream
*johnsons top to toe wash
*johnson's baby sorbolene cream
*face washers (for bath time, poo explosions and also spew rags

I brought the tommee tippe closer to nature bottles and used these for the first time the other day with expressed bm and bubs took the bottle without issue and went back to bf without issue

Also if you plan to breast feed id recommend getting a couple of pkts of breast pads also because i had a tear i went through 2pkts of libra maternity pads in a week and had to buy more so maybe stock up on a few of these cos are great not only for heavy bleeding but great for the extra padding for those sore areas!

thanks great advice

cheers jude
I know lotions smell great but they are basically just chemicals. Skin especially newborn skin just sucks them up and they accumulate in their system. Babies end up with dramas because they are washed frequently (routinely instead of when needed) and then lathered in chemicals to combat the water drying out their skin. You can save yourself time, health issues and money by bathing only when needed and using a coldpressed oil such as almond or olive oil with a drop of a nice essential oil like lavender in the bath or massaged into bubs skin. We use cloth wipes with olive oil and water and it works better then any lotion i have seen! All the best!
I highly recommend palmers products I got one of the little pregnancy sample pack & it was great.
I now use the bottom butter for both my boys & the nipple cream is really good as well. (I didn't like the lansinoh, it made my nipples stick the the breast pads & was quite painful).
nappy sacks are really good for when you are out & about.
most formulas do 'stick packs' or pre made ready to go packs so you can try a few different if you need to. I used karicare gold & s26 gold for my two (didn't find much difference between the two).
good luck with it all.
I HATE Johnsons products with a passion, actually most of the brand name products! They are filled with chemicals, and even sorbolene I don't like because although it is basic it is still chemical.

I only bathed bub about twice a week, and I use only natural products - GAIA is a great range for babies, although when not using any chemicals on bub you might not need the whole range, I only ended up using the bath body wash and then the powder at nappy time. If he got nappy rash I used a zinc cream like Desitin (got chemicals in it but very high zinc content which worked great).

Regarding BF after CS, I found second time round with a planned CS, I was much more relaxed and more successful at BF than I was after my first emergency CS, so just relax and it may happen easily!

Formula-wise, I think most hospitals supply it while you're in there, and then S26 and Nan both have sachets to try. I would try Nan first because it is the closest in proteins etc to breastmilk so easier to digest (although my bub wouldn't tolerate it and i had to switch to Heinz Nurture or S26). Every bub is different and it will just have to be basically trial and error, however they do recommend giving bub almost a week to get used to one to see if it agrees.
If you are after a really good nappy rash & face cream, I can highly recommend a chemist made cream. It is David Hosking's, from Keilor Road, Essendon North, VIC (ph: 03 9379 7797). He makes a nappy rash cream, that is the best I've used and I've tried most of them. My DD is diabetic, and this cream was the only one that healed her sore bot! (b/c of higher blood sugar, wounds take longer to heal when diabetic).

He also makes a face & body balm, which is great for dry skin, dribble sores, anything on your bubs face or body.

If you're not local, he does mail order.

Cheers & good luck
Rachael
Sign in to follow this topic