Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. Circumcision - Male's perspective.

Circumcision - Male's perspective. Lock Rss

Somehow I stumbled upon this site and I see discussion of circumcision is present here.

I'm an 18 yr old male and would like to share my experience with circumcision.

My circumcision was done when I was very young, as are most.
I only remember asking my mum about it once, when I was a preteen. All I remember are the words "why?" and "It's just cleaner". Not satisfied with her response, I just walked away..
When I was 13 or very close I remember my mother inviting me to watch a show on television about circ. I declined her offer, I knew very little then about circ but I did no it was not good. I am left wondering whether that show was pro-circ or anti-circ. Maybe it is good I wasn't in the room whilst my mum watched it. Things could have gotten awkward.
When I reached my teenage years, and hence started puberty, I did try to experience masturbation. "Why doesn't this feel good?, What am I suppose to be doing". Were my thoughts. Without a foreskin it is very hard to get any pleasure out of my dry hand and penis. Of course people learn, but the fact remains that many sensitive nerves are removed during circ. Many religions have used circ in the past as a way to oppress sexuality.

You do not OWN your child. So why do you take the decision from your boy to be circ or not? The foreskin can never be replaced.

How can a loving mother allow her child to have it's genitals permanently damaged? It's called ignorance, and denial on the fathers part. "I don't want to be reminded of what I've lost, so I will have my some handicapped just Like i am".

My circ was done in the early 90s. Even then circ was not very common, like it was in the 60s. I feel sorry for the children who get circed in 2011. They will be even more of a minority. Probably below 1% of the population.

Today I am left feeling insecure about my mutilated penis. I will never feel comfortable with it and will always feel a strong resentment towards my mother.

There are many products sold around the world as a way of foreskin restoration, there is a huge amount of guys trying to get some sense of what they lost back.

If you don't want to mutilate and handicap your child or have them hate you. I would recommend against circ.

Somehow I stumbled upon this site and I see discussion of circumcision is present here.

I'm an 18 yr old male and would like to share my experience with circumcision.

My circumcision was done when I was very young, as are most.
I only remember asking my mum about it once, when I was a preteen. All I remember are the words "why?" and "It's just cleaner". Not satisfied with her response, I just walked away..
When I was 13 or very close I remember my mother inviting me to watch a show on television about circ. I declined her offer, I knew very little then about circ but I did no it was not good. I am left wondering whether that show was pro-circ or anti-circ. Maybe it is good I wasn't in the room whilst my mum watched it. Things could have gotten awkward.
When I reached my teenage years, and hence started puberty, I did try to experience masturbation. "Why doesn't this feel good?, What am I suppose to be doing". Were my thoughts. Without a foreskin it is very hard to get any pleasure out of my dry hand and penis. Of course people learn, but the fact remains that many sensitive nerves are removed during circ. Many religions have used circ in the past as a way to oppress sexuality.

You do not OWN your child. So why do you take the decision from your boy to be circ or not? The foreskin can never be replaced.

How can a loving mother allow her child to have it's genitals permanently damaged? It's called ignorance, and denial on the fathers part. "I don't want to be reminded of what I've lost, so I will have my some handicapped just Like i am".

My circ was done in the early 90s. Even then circ was not very common, like it was in the 60s. I feel sorry for the children who get circed in 2011. They will be even more of a minority. Probably below 1% of the population.

Today I am left feeling insecure about my mutilated penis. I will never feel comfortable with it and will always feel a strong resentment towards my mother.

There are many products sold around the world as a way of foreskin restoration, there is a huge amount of guys trying to get some sense of what they lost back.

If you don't want to mutilate and handicap your child or have them hate you. I would recommend against circ.

Please be aware that based on our previous experience this subject causes a A LOT of divided debate and opinion. We would ask you to please if you must discuss this topic again to respect that everyone has different opinions and experiences and please do not start personally attacking other people if their opinion differs from yours.

Thanks!

smile Huggies Moderators
I understand where you are coming from and it is also not un-common for babies to die from it.

You also have to understand that they are our child and it is our choice.

Some people find it more cleaner, others think it is the right thing to do.

I have not done anything to my son, If he decideds latter in life he wants to have it done i will allow it
Please be aware that based on our previous experience this subject causes a A LOT of divided debate and opinion. We would ask you to please if you must discuss this topic again to respect that everyone has different opinions and experiences and please do not start personally attacking other people if their opinion differs from yours.

You won't see me attacking anyone. But nor will you see me respecting peoples choices to harm their child.

I understand where you are coming from and it is also not un-common for babies to die from it.

You also have to understand that they are our child and it is our choice.

Some people find it more cleaner, others think it is the right thing to do.

I have not done anything to my son, If he decideds latter in life he wants to have it done i will allow it

The parents choice? I don't agree. I wanted the choice and didn't get it. I don't like my mother, or her decisions. I'm my own person, she does not and never did own me. So she shouldn't have had the right to take something away from me that I can never get back.
Thousands of other guys feel the same and hence there is a massive industry for foreskin restoration (Although nothing will ever get back what we lost, it only provides a pseudo-foreskin).

I'm glad you didn't mutilate your child.
I wouldnt take it as far as calling it mutilation. lmfao. Sorry

Im sorry but up until a child is 18 it is our responsiblitiy to choose what is good, what is bad, what is right and what is wrong for our children.

Are you saying that its a childs choice to have surgery or not, if it would benifit them? E.g eye sight?
Also; A child lives under their parents roof until they are old enough to decided and earn money for themselves. In that case I believe that we have the right to choose to a certin degree what is good for them, If your child wanted to ride their bike in the middle of a highway, would you allow it? Of course not because they could get hurt, and there is a very high chance of them getting hurt. They may hate us and call us names but we know that we have done the right thing for our child. I believe somethings as a parents we cant always make desions for our children but in most cases we believe that we are doing the right thing. That goes with circumcision aswell.
Are you saying that its a childs choice to have surgery or not, if it would benifit them? E.g eye sight?

Are you trying to compare a corrective surgery(IE to fix poor sight) with genital mutilation?

Im sorry but up until a child is 18 it is our responsiblitiy to choose what is good, what is bad, what is right and what is wrong for our children.

Legally, you cannot do whatever you want to your children. Parents should be caring for their children, EG nutrition, exercise, making the child happy. All of that is good stuff.
But mutilating/altering genitals, changing their original function and removing their sensitivity is not something I think parents should be doing, even if they are allowed to legally. To me, it seems extremely immoral.

There are a number of things that I would much rather have happened than for me to be permanently handicapped sexually.

Are you trying to compare a corrective surgery(IE to fix poor sight) with genital mutilation?

Legally, you cannot do whatever you want to your children. Parents should be caring for their children, EG nutrition, exercise, making the child happy. All of that is good stuff.
But mutilating/altering genitals, changing their original function and removing their sensitivity is not something I think parents should be doing, even if they are allowed to legally. To me, it seems extremely immoral.

There are a number of things that I would much rather have happened than for me to be permanently handicapped sexually.

Yes I am compairing it. You are trying to say that children should make their own desions so does that mean all there desions, as i said before?

But the parents that do circumsise there children believe that they are caring, and that they are doing the right thing. They arent doing it to hurt, upset or not care for their child. They are doing it because they love them!

Yes I am compairing it. You are trying to say that children should make their own desions so does that mean all there desions, as i said before?

But the parents that do circumsise there children believe that they are caring, and that they are doing the right thing. They arent doing it to hurt, upset or not care for their child. They are doing it because they love them!

I never said that children should make their own decision. I said that mothers shouldn't make the decision for the child about circ (NOTHING ELSE, WE ARE ONLY TALKING ABOUT CIRC HERE), so it shouldn't be done. Because circ is only one way.. Once it's off it's gone forever. If the guy disagrees with what has happened he cannot do anything.

Circ to me is a form of child abuse. Albeit legal. A teenager can't consent to sex with anyone (an act that is not necessarily harmful), yet an infant is legally allowed to have its genitals cut and torn - mutilated because their parents decided that they wanted it?

Parents stop kids riding on motorways (your example) so they are not hurt.. Stopping them from riding on highways doesn't permanently damage them and leave them handicapped sexually.

I never said that children should make their own decision. I said that mothers shouldn't make the decision for the child about circ (NOTHING ELSE, WE ARE ONLY TALKING ABOUT CIRC HERE), so it shouldn't be done. Because circ is only one way.. Once it's off it's gone forever. If the guy disagrees with what has happened he cannot do anything.

Circ to me is a form of child abuse. Albeit legal. A teenager can't consent to sex with anyone (an act that is not necessarily harmful), yet an infant is legally allowed to have its genitals cut and torn - mutilated because their parents decided that they wanted it?

Parents stop kids riding on motorways (your example) so they are not hurt.. Stopping them from riding on highways doesn't permanently damage them and leave them handicapped sexually.

how are they left handicapped sexually? Sorry please explain,

So you can do ANYTHING to your child because you think you are doing the right thing and love your child?? right.... As the moderator said, you are entitled to your opinion.

I totally agree with OP. To others who agree with circumcision, have you ever looked up female circumcision? Would you like that done to you?

The one argument I absolutely hate is "DS father is circumcised, so we would like DS to look the same". Really? whens the last time you compared your lady part to your mums lady part? Whens the last time your DH/DF/DP compared their man part to their dads man part?

And if the argument "is to be cleaner" why dont you just cut your childs fingers off right below their nail beds? It will make it cleaner? Your child wont catch things while biting their nails.

The one argument I absolutely hate is "DS father is circumcised, so we would like DS to look the same". Really? whens the last time you compared your lady part to your mums lady part? Whens the last time your DH/DF/DP compared their man part to their dads man part?

Hi loveheart. I'm glad you disagree with child abuse.

I quoted this part because my father did actually come to me and say "it's your body, don't let anyone else make choices for you, things happened to me when I was younger". He seemed un-easy and we were not talking about circ specifically but actually some other procedure that I was considering (Dental).. But it was obvious that he had found out what he and I both went through and felt sorry.

Caitie,
For a mother who didn't circumcise you seem to care about the subject a lot. Our opinions differ. I believe parents should not be able to mutilate, and you believe they should have the right. I don't see us getting anywhere with this. As you asked me to explain how circ males are sexually handicapped, well there are many things to discuss about that. But then again, you can easily sit here all night arguing the specifics and asking me where I got my facts from - that is if I were to provide you the info on my handicap. You seem to be posting from a pro-circ perspective.
Sign in to follow this topic