Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

FLAT SPOT ON HEAD Rss

My Son is almost 4 Months Old he has a very noticeable flat spot on the back of his head I had a rough delivery with him as he became stuck on my pelvis bone causing his head to look like a cone shape, hes a strong boy and when ever I try to put his head to the side to try and shape it he always go's back to sleeping on his flat spot he is sleeping through the night so I cannot always monitor his way of sleeping during the day he has loads of tummy time and enjoys it during his 2 Month Checkup the Health Nurse looked at it advising a Helmet may be needed, I did speak with my GP about it as well and he recommended to put him down for his day time naps on his Tummy which he seems to enjoy where I can monitor his sleeping his head is slowly shaping but has anyone else had this advised to them by there GP

My Son is almost 4 Months Old he has a very noticeable flat spot on the back of his head I had a rough delivery with him as he became stuck on my pelvis bone causing his head to look like a cone shape, hes a strong boy and when ever I try to put his head to the side to try and shape it he always go's back to sleeping on his flat spot he is sleeping through the night so I cannot always monitor his way of sleeping during the day he has loads of tummy time and enjoys it during his 2 Month Checkup the Health Nurse looked at it advising a Helmet may be needed, I did speak with my GP about it as well and he recommended to put him down for his day time naps on his Tummy which he seems to enjoy where I can monitor his sleeping his head is slowly shaping but has anyone else had this advised to them by there GP

i had this advised for my girl. for any GP or nurse who says its nothing and wont cause issues..... they need a good slapping! sever plagiocephaly can put pressure on the brain and have some bad results. also the skull moved forward also slowly pushes the face forward. I could go on about this for days as my daughter suffered and was only 1/2 a cm away from a helmet. anyone who wants more info feel free to come join me over at
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/209417345766696/
there are many ladies on here who are currently using helmet therapies as well as many who have advice on how to fix it without a helmet.
Gee vkw!!!

When I first read the title I thought you must have some secret baby you have not told us about!!!

Once I opened your post, the date quickly explained it!

Sign in to follow this topic