Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Baby poop Rss

If his belly is overly hard or he's clearly distressed then I'd see a doctor. Other than that, it's totally normal for a breastmilk baby to go a week or so without pooing, more so if he's having a growth spurt as he's using up all those nutrients in the bm. My girl could poop 4 times a day then nothing for a week.

Just be warned, when it does finally happen it's usually a poo-nami so have plenty of wipes close by and make sure you pack spare clothes when leaving the house. I learnt that the hard way blink lol!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

•••bubbles••• wrote:
If his belly is overly hard or he's clearly distressed then I'd see a doctor. Other than that, it's totally normal for a breastmilk baby to go a week or so without pooing, more so if he's having a growth spurt as he's using up all those nutrients in the bm.

+1

I'm sure he's fine but bubbles advise is right on with what I would suggest, I think it's relatively common for their bowel movements to change.
My bub is 5 weeks on Monday and she only poos twice a week right from the beginning and they are not small lol, she is also bf.

There's not much waste in breast milk, its the perfect food. Baby can go 10 days or more without a poo.
My 4 week old son hasn't had a bm in just over 1 week & his last one was definately a bomb lol he's ebf & had a dark green smear in his last nappy change. He's still settling fine and sleeps for 4hrs day & night happily. Tends to fart most of his wind out & feeds normally, both sides no problem. Was a little anxious about the longevity between poos so was looking for anyone who has had something similar.
Sign in to follow this topic