Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Rosehips for 6 month old? Lock Rss

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has given their baby rosehip tea when they have a cold? My 6 month old is a bit fluey and my MIL is adamant that she should drink some steeped rosehips. I have no idea about how much to give or if it's even safe but I feel like an a-hole telling her I think she may be too young...
I've not done it and I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing.

Personally I'd check with a midwife or child health nurse or a GP before doing something like that.

Or if you don't want to just tell your MIL that your GP said she was too young.
Hi there,
For me is not the first time when I hear about rosehip tea.Actualy,I was using for my son,like a teething pain remedy.I find out about this tea (also about catnip,camomille)from my grandma,so I asked GP, he told me that is totally fine.I must say that my son was 8 months old .Most of the times,I prefer natural remedies instead of pills.But,of course,if you want to be certain ask your GP.
Rosehip is full of vitamin C and antioxidants, is great for boosting the immune system,so might be great for your child cold. You can find some well documented information here http://www.greatbabytips.com
nzgalnz wrote:
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has given their baby rosehip tea when they have a cold? My 6 month old is a bit fluey and my MIL is adamant that she should drink some steeped rosehips. I have no idea about how much to give or if it's even safe but I feel like an a-hole telling her I think she may be too young...

talk to your pedia about that.. just to make sure
makalu wrote:
I've not done it and I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing.

Personally I'd check with a midwife or child health nurse or a GP before doing something like that.

Or if you don't want to just tell your MIL that your GP said she was too young.

me too, I've never heard of it either
Yes- absolutely! In Europe (I’m originally from austria), we give all sorts of herbal and fruit tea. Especially when they are colic. We start with fennel and chamomile tea when baby is very little to help with colic and has pains. I have been giving my daughter rosehip and chamomile tea since she was 2 months old.

These things are hardly as bad as most of the medicine we give now adays. Yes, they are potenten but would need to be taken in severe dosages to ever have a negative effect. I find it sad that western culture is so uneducated in holistic healing.

I haven’t heard about rosehip for teething pain but it’s full of vitamin C and I give it to my daughter now in the summer, chilled, to keep her hydrated. She still gets formula and her solids.
Sign in to follow this topic