Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Worrie's.... Lock Rss

Hello Everyone,

This might seem like a little bit of a strange post, but I was wondering if I was alone in constantly worrying about everything to do with my precious little baby girl.. to be quite honest the worry is driving me crazy but I just can't stop eg:
- Baby being too hot or cold
- Baby sleeping in her own room by herself overnight
- Baby might slip out of my arms in the bath
- Baby not eating enough
- Baby picking up germs when we go out
- Baby not developing correctly
- Baby hating tummy time

I could go on and on, I worry about everything,and the worst thing is that the health nurse comes to visit us and she tell's me that my baby is doing well and I can see myself that she is doing well.

Does anyone have any advice that could perhap's help me overcome this problem..? do you think it's normal or am I just a bit strange?

Thank's, Kris

woohoo we did it!

no advice here, just the same list of concerns that I have about my baby too, and I think most Mum's do, well except for the germs one..I don't worry too much there, as long as I am keeping my baby away from people who are sick, especially while he was very young,

I think we always find ourselves worrying about our little bubs, and think it really helps to have someone that you can talk to, be it here, or a health nurse, GP, careline, friends or family,

Cheers
Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

hi
Don't worry my girl is 4 months and i still worry about all that (first time mum) i'm allways check her to see if she is hot or cold. She sleeps in our room so i do get up in the middle of the night a lot of the time to check that she that she is breathing even though we have a monitar under her bed and also wake alot just to check if it is flashing green even though it lets out an alarm if the movement stop in the cot (left it on a few times in the middle of the night ).I always worry if she is getting enough food as she sleeps most night for over 12 hours so she miss out on 2 bottles but she does drink 200mls each feed.I don't no sorry i can't put her in the bath once she is in i can wash her. i even went out and bought a bath chair but i still can't do it my husband does the bath time i made that daddy time. i'm slowly starting to worry less no im mean relax more but as my mum said to me YOU NEVER STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR KIDS NO MATTER HOW OLD THEY ARE.
so your not alone in the worry boat

mel nsw

Hi guy's,

Thanks for your replies, and the reassurance. I guess I already know all this but when you have an off day it help's to hear that someone else know's how your feeling or what your going through.

Thanks again, Kris

PS does anyone have any certain way of getting through any worry situations, relaxation methods etc?

woohoo we did it!

oh Mel, I was the same with my Liam,
Daddy always bathed him until he was almost 6 months, and could sit upright, now I have taken over most of the bathing duties, and it is now so much fun!... smile

Kris,
To relax, or get my mind of things, I have a chat with someone, read a book, or watch TV, to relax,
no real techniques though,
when Liam was very young, I spent most of my time poring over websites checking to make sure that I was doing the right things for Liam...not a good way to relax!... smile

Cheers
Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

Thanks Helena,

I guess I will feel better with thing's in time.

It's probably a good thing that my husband has control over the computer most of the time then I guess...!

Cheers Kris

woohoo we did it!

Hi Kris smile

I got this email a few days ago. I found it really funny, so I hope it will ease your mind a bit that you are NOT alone in all these worries, but it does get better.
My apologies for it being so long.....

The Birth Order of Children:

Your Clothes:
1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.
2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.
3rd baby Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.

Preparing for the Birth:
1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.
2nd baby: You don't bother because you remember that last time breathing didn't do a thing.
3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.

The Layette:
1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.
2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.
3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

Worries:
1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up the baby.
2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

Pacifier:
1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.
3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

Diapering:
1st baby: You change your baby's diapers every hour, whether they need it or not
2nd baby: You change their diaper every two to three hours, if needed.
3rd baby: You try to change their diaper before others starts to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees.

Activities:
1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.
2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out:
1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home five times.
2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.
3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.

At Home:
1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

Swallowing Coins (a favorite):
1st child: When first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the hospital and demand x-rays.
2nd child: When second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for the coin to pass.
3rd child: When third child swallows a coin you deduct it from his allowance!!
I'm guilty as charged with worrying.....it goes with the job!

I particularly worry about bathing Jacob when Dad's running late from work as my sister drowned in the bath.....but it was a big bath but I still hold onto Jacob very tight and never ever take my eyes away.

I just have to say jamie your post made me cry tears of laugher. Thankyou for sharing smile

Karen - Jasmine 14/1/05 & Damon 31/1/07

Thank's Jaime,

smile I bet it's quite often the case too!!!

Cheers Kris

woohoo we did it!

G'day Tricia,

Sorry to hear about your sister.

I'm a terrible worrying about everything, but I think I'm getting a little better as Charlie gets older.

Just for the record I get my husband to bath Charlie too, she slipped out of his arms once as I looked on with horror, you can probably imagine me going crazy at him. (I over reacted of corse). Then when I gave Charlie her next bath she slipped out of my arms too, so how silly did I feel, it worried me more than it did her.

Thanks and take care, Kris

woohoo we did it!

I found with most of them I was at the 3rd baby stage by the time Jordan was a year old.

I think the thing I was most worried about when Jordan was little was changing his clothes. Sounds strange I know, but I would try to be so gentle, and taking of shirts freaked me out because of the soft spots on his head.

But like anything the more you do it, the more comfortable you become, and before you know it you can do it with one arm tied behind your back (well, you get the drift smile )

Sign in to follow this topic