Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. How much did your bub weigh at 10 wks??

How much did your bub weigh at 10 wks?? Lock Rss

Hi! Just wondering how much did your bub weigh at around 10 weeks? My DS weighs 6.5kg. He is 63cm long. The reason why I'm asking is because my friend has a five month old who weighs 7kg!! Is this small or is my DS big?? He doesn't look fat or anything, just has really chubby cheeks. He's fully bf although was on formula for a week or so about 2 weeks ago. He was 3.95kg when born.

At 5 months my daughter was 1.89kg, but she started at 450 grams. I wouldn't worry as long as they are healthy, all babies are different sizes.

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

my son oliver is now 3 months, at 10 weeks he was 62cm and weighed 5.6kg my pluknet nurse said he was above average height but below average weight so id say your bub is pretty perfect my bub is fully bf as well he was 3.75kg at birth
Hi,

Your DS sounds fine so don't worry. Try not to compare bubs size or developmental stage as every child is different and will grow and develop at very different rates. As long as your son is healthy, happy and thriving nothing else matters.

My #3 DD was weighed just last week- she is 8 weeks old and weighs 5.990kg and is 61cm long she was born weighing 4070g- she is 500g heavier than her big sister was a the same age and 1cm shorter. Both girls have been fully breastfed from birth and DD #2 was born 100g heavier than bub #3. Shows how different bubs weight and growth can be even in the same family with the same genes.
My son is 11 weks old and is 6.52kg and 63cms he was born at 4.69kg and 51cms he loves his "food" and has about 1400mls of formula a day and is only surpose to be on 900mls for his age.

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

hi
my baby is 10 weeks in 4 days time and he weighs 6kgs. he will easily be 6.5kgs in a week or so. he was 3450gms at birth and 51cm. he's now 62cm. the nurse says that puts him in the 75% for his age. it's good. your baby and mine are thriving.

If you fancy a laugh, visit my blog which is basically a collection of observations and rantings about motherhood, people and the mundane. See www.callmepicky.blogspot.com.au

Sign in to follow this topic