Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Oral Thrush Lock Rss

hi there
my baby boy is only 16days old and he has thrush in his mouth, therefor i have it on my nipples ( (ouch! took him to the clinic 2day and they told me to use "daktarin oral gel" on his mouth and my nipples.
we both are finding it very difficult come feeding time, becasue his mouth must be really sore, making it hard for him, and my breast are MEGA painfull ( almost results in tears wen he feeds)

Ive only put the gel on once so hopefully that will help, but does anyone have any other suggestions or advice?? any help would be very helpful.

thanks
jodi
dont know if it would help at all, but did they suggest a nipple shield for you so that you dont have direct contact???????
Also if you express a little of your mix around your nipples after the feed it could also help.
Just a few thoughts

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Maybe give your nipples a rest from b/feeding and express that is one way to get it out of your system. My baby had oral thrush and using the daktarin worked with in a few days! so hopefully it will work for you, because i know exactly how painfull it is.

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic