Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Formula and Constipation Rss

I had the same problem with my 12 week old girl from a week old. I tried everything from infants friend, prune juice, fresh orange juice, massage, changing formula etc.
Alot of gold formula has alot of iron in them hence can cause constipation.
I couldn't bare to watch bubs go through this. It's horrible for them.
In the end a pharmacist suggested to try her on lactose free formula so the doctor put her on karicare de-lact. This worked great. Finally after 10 weeks our problems were over.
We finally discovered she is lactose intolerant.
Also if you are trying different formulas it takes baby usually a week to adjust to them so they should be trialled for no less then a week unless they are causing probs for bub.
My bubs is thriving now & is doing great. Hope yours are too.

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

Hi

My daughteris on Karicare and she was also getting badly constipated and had alot of wind. My doctor advised me to give an extra bit of water in every second bottle, not alot only 10 - 20 mls and this fixed the problem, this was also great because she wouldnt have water on its own so adding a bit extra to the bottle really helped. I would advise you to still check with your health nurse or local gp first.

hope this helps.

Filomena, 1st baby due 6.11.04

My LO is 15 months old. A week ago he starts with constipation, he looks normal and is not in pain but I'm so worry! what can I do for make him normal again?
Oh my gosh... I was facing the same problem too for my little boy. He was 14 months old.. Previously he was having constipation for 2 weeks. He tends to throw temper around and feeling uncomfortable.. I did some research online and found some remedies to cure baby's constipation. Thanks god it works! I added on some apple juice to his formula, at first I tried prune juice but he doesn't like the taste. For parents who are facing the same problem.. maybe u can give a try on this.
Sometimes remedies do not work but sometimes it does
its best to seek for proper advice for your kids to consume remedies like herbal remedies
the last when i went to bangkok tiffany was bloated and i sought for local remedies to help ease bloating but she ended up in the hospital for a week that basically ruin her and our vocation in the country
your kid might be allergic to certain remedies its best not to consume remedies without proper consultation from your local docs unless maybe its fruit juices. wacko
Sykang2015 wrote:
My LO is 15 months old. A week ago he starts with constipation, he looks normal and is not in pain but I'm so worry! what can I do for make him normal again?

how was your react... when he cannot PooPoo
it's true! some remedies do work but some do not! I've been try many ways to solve my daughter's constipation. I found out that Mamil formula is directed against child in constipation and Mamil formula has the highest DHA between all the formula milk. after my daughter changed to Mamil formula, her constipation problem solved too. Mamil formula milk which is best for constipated kids
My LO just in mild constipation. i gave her some porridge + potatoes and prune juice
she is now back to normal again.....
Eeebing2234 wrote:
Sykang2015 wrote:

how was your react... when he cannot PooPoo

I directly send my LO to the hospital
Sign in to follow this topic