Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Looking after yourself with a Newborn
  5. ANGELS IN HOSPITALS, WHAT DO U THINK?

ANGELS IN HOSPITALS, WHAT DO U THINK? Lock Rss

HI LADIES, HOPE ALL IS WELL

JUST WANTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINION.

WOULD YOU AGREE AFTER GIVING BIRTH AND BEING IN HOSPITAL WITH MIDWIVES AT YOUR CALL WHEN NEEDED BABIES ARE JUST ABOUT PERFECT. SLEEP WELL DAY/NIGHT (BUT NOT ALWAYS TH CASE) BREASTFEED WELL ETC ETC, THEN WHEN YOU BRING THEM HOME ITS A DIFFERENT BALL GAME ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

DO YOU THINK THEY UNDERSTAND CHANGE OF SURROUNDINGS, ENVIRONMENT ETC, AND IT JUST TAKES THEM SOME TIME TO SETTLE INTO NEW HOME/ENVIRONMENT..HOW LONG B4 YOUR BUBS SETTLED IN?

THANKS

MIABELLA

I would certainly agree with you there. I know many other people who would also.
DS was born 5/11/07 and we just had things together at home when we went down to Albany to visit his grand mother for Christmas. The first night there was a nightmare and now DH's mother thinks he has colic it was that bad.
I think moving them around at so close to birth really freaks them out a bit. Remember, the only other thing they've ever known is life inside the womb.
Our first night home from the birthing centre was pretty bad also.

Hi Miabella,
I totally agree my wee one Mikayla is now one month old she was born very early and was very small 3.10 pounds she stayed in the hospital for 3 weeks we have had her home for a week. As soon as it gets dark she starts grunting and moaning and feeds constantly. While in the hospital she was never like that just a perfect little button. Finding this very taxing on the body as it is not always easy to get a nana nap in during the day.
I think you will find once you both find a routine it will settle down.

Kelly
hi everyone jaz was in the hop for 2 weeks and she was such a good baby, but she was sick,

when we got her home she did cry alot,

do you think it has somthing to do with the way we feel, like now that there is no help and were doing it by our selfs?

i also found that my little one loved noise, being in the hop there was allways babys crying and midwifes talking that there wasnt any real quiet time,

i used to put the radio on in the back ground and just did my normal things and she loved it,

i must admit the car ride and going to her own bed ect must be hard for them its all new so i guess it just takes a few weeks,
Sign in to follow this topic