Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Looking after yourself with a Newborn
  5. Split abdominals and post natal exercise

Split abdominals and post natal exercise Rss

I gave birth to a beautiful girl by emerg c-section 4 weeks ago. she was 4.4kg therfore i was large n i carried low. Pre preggas i was a size 10-12.

In the hospital Obstetricion arranged for physio to come see me. She said that i had split abdominals from the preg.
When i lay on my back n lift my shoulders n head gently from the bed i could fit 4fingers into the split (to tell how wide) Now i fit three firmly. So tis getting there.

*Can anyone tell me how long it takes to return too normal physical condition?
*Anyone else experience this or know of others?

I do pelvic floor exercises draw my naval to my spine on my back, reach for opp knees gently whilst lying on my back and slow walks.

I due to see phyiso in 1month

Bris, Bubby Breannah 22.04.04 n Patrick 17.01.06

hi i had the same problem after my son was born. he was born by emergency c-section aswell. he is now 11 weeks old and the split has disapeered smile
it took about 4-5 weeks for it to go down dramatically for myself, but everyone is different. Make sure that you do go to your physio appointments, and keep up with the excersises they give you, but do not by any means be doing any sit ups!. My physio stressed this to me. she also gave me a whole heap of back strengthing exersises to do, which may help you out aswell.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Sign in to follow this topic