Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

breastfeeding no period Rss

My Baby is 4months old and I've breastfed the wholetime exclusively.
She sleeps through the night so I normally do about 6 feeds a day (3 hrly).
I started the mini pill last week for contraception.
I still havent had a period since the birth and am just windering when I should expect it?
When did everyone else get theirs when they breastfed?
hi,

I exclusively breastfed DD1 for 8 months and it didn't come back for me the entire time.
My DD2 is 4 and a half months and she has just gone onto formula but it hasn't come back yet either.
With both of my babies, my period returned about the 3 to 4 month mark.
With DS, I was bottlefeeding and with DD I was exclusively breastfeeding, and this did not seem to make a difference.
But everyone is different.

His Royal Highness, Prince William

Yes, everyone is totally different. With DD1 I went on the mini pill and my period returned when she was just 6 weeks old, then for the entire 12 months I was on the mini pill I got my period every 2 - 3 weeks! DD2 is now 5 weeks old so I'm waiting to see what happens . . . .
DD period back at 8 weeks - exclusively breastfed
DS perio back at 10 weeks and he is exclusively breastfed too.
Doesn't seem fair!!!
I got mine back at about 9 months. Feeds had slowed right down to about three or four a day.

flowers

mine returned when I stopped breastfeeding at 12 months. It was wonderful!
Everyone is different i was feeding my DD 5 times a day and got it back at 7 1/2 mths, my friend has a nearly 15 mth old feeds her twice a day and still no period.....
DD was exclusively breastfed. My period came back two weeks after she first started solids at 6 months!! I tend to think it wasn't a coincidence smile
I got mine back after 6 1/2 months of breastfeeding 5 x daily. My DS is now 8 1/2 months, still on 5 b/feeds & I get it regularly every month. My DS slept through from 3 months.
is it only once your period comes back that you can fall pregnant again?? or can it happen right after bubba is born???

My Baby is 4months old and I've breastfed the wholetime exclusively.
She sleeps through the night so I normally do about 6 feeds a day (3 hrly).
I started the mini pill last week for contraception.
I still havent had a period since the birth and am just windering when I should expect it?
When did everyone else get theirs when they breastfed?

Hey my daughter is breastfed she's going on 7 months and still havent got mine back
Sign in to follow this topic