Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Can't stop crying! Lock Rss

I just feel the need to vent. I gave birth by elective Caesar 8 days ago, my milk came in on day 3 and since then I have been increasingly anxious and crying at the drop of a hat over silly things. This happened with my first son too although I think it only lasted a week. I don't remember it being so hard! I feel like I am not going to be able to do this when DH goes back to work in a little over a week.

DS#2 is feeding well and sleeps well during the day, I have to wake him for day feeds as he is so sleepy but at night he is waking every 3 hours for a feed. I really just want more than 2 hours consecutive sleep!!!!!

I don't think I have PND but I just wanted to know if anyone is going through the baby blues like me. My DH is amazing which only makes me feel worse that he is carrying most of the load!

Am I alone?

Kirsten

I just feel the need to vent. I gave birth by elective Caesar 8 days ago, my milk came in on day 3 and since then I have been increasingly anxious and crying at the drop of a hat over silly things. This happened with my first son too although I think it only lasted a week. I don't remember it being so hard! I feel like I am not going to be able to do this when DH goes back to work in a little over a week.

DS#2 is feeding well and sleeps well during the day, I have to wake him for day feeds as he is so sleepy but at night he is waking every 3 hours for a feed. I really just want more than 2 hours consecutive sleep!!!!!

I don't think I have PND but I just wanted to know if anyone is going through the baby blues like me. My DH is amazing which only makes me feel worse that he is carrying most of the load!

Am I alone?

Kirsten

for a moment i thought you were talking about the baby... do you think it could be the meds your on for pain relief? just a couple of ideas is to get a friend to take you out of the house for a coffee,,,, I know its hard to walk but just to get out of the house and some time away... feed baby before you go.....

get some really good food into you even if your not quite feeling like eating.... get someone to rub your back or something... have a bath...and also if you feel like crying just cry.... its all your hormones going back into the right place.... maybe ring your midwife and she may have some more ideas.....

I have had 3 c sections and i know what your talking about the crying at the drop of your bit of toast or something.... or your cup of tea is in the wrong cup etc....
Oh sweetheart, I think what you're going through is entirely normal. I remember being permanently in tears or close to it at around this time. If your DH has to go back to work and you don't feel like you are ready, then don't be afraid to ask for help. Mums, dads, friends, neighbours, they all want to help, so why not ask them! You got through it last time, and you will this time too. Just hang in there, but chat to your Child Health Nurse if you are concerned or think it is going on too long.

And remember there are many, many mums on here that will listen too.

I remember being in tears over silly things too, its the sleep deprivation. I know its so hard but it dosent last long smile
Is it possible for you to have a nap during the day while baby sleeps?
I found that if i did 1 or 2 little things in the morning while baby slept (like just having a shower) then i could atleast try and relax in the afternoons.
When your DH goes back to work maybe your mum or dad or sister or someone close can came over for a couple of hours a day and help you bath the kids and cook tea?
Hope you feel better soon,
Congrats on baby smile
xx
Hi

You are not alone, I was alot more emotional following my caesar than my firstborn who was natural (for want of a better word!).

I think it does have something to do with the operation, when you birth vaginally you get the rush of endorphins and the high of giving birth, when you have a caesar the body is impacted differently and there's alot more drugs involved, its major surgery and you are on painkillers afterwards. You have the physical and emotional to deal with along with taking care of baby... you are going through alot.

It is very early days for you, not only recovering from the operation but dealing with a newborn and the sleep deprivation. Be gentle on yourself, bawl your eyes out - its cathartic and get help wherever you can, if people want to cook you dinner then let them, or do housework or whatever.

My heart goes out to you, I can relate to what you are feeling and its not a nice place to be.... it will get better, it will just take some time.

xoxox
Thanks so much everyone for your kind words of encouragement ! I have been able to have a sleep today whilst bubs and DS#1 (nearly 3) have been napping and I feel much better. I think I just have be optimistic that this time of sleep deprivation will pass! Afterall bubs is only 8 days old. DS & DH even brought me a cup of tea and bickie in bed before which helped. Did I mention how wonderful DH is smile

I am taking your advice and going to get out of the house for a little while after the next feed. Perhaps some sunlight will help bubs distinguish day and night better!

Thanks again to everyone, your lovely words of support made me... You guessed it ... cry, but not in a bad way!

Thankyou!!!!!
Sign in to follow this topic