Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

upper back pain Lock Rss

just had baby 3 weeks ago and i got really bad upper back pain. had the same thing all through my pregnancy.
i cant sit up straight because it hurts too much, has anyone else got this and what can i do to help it

just had baby 3 weeks ago and i got really bad upper back pain. had the same thing all through my pregnancy.
i cant sit up straight because it hurts too much, has anyone else got this and what can i do to help it

It's probably the weight of your growing boobs causing the pain. Are BF? If you are leaning forward can cause pain as well. Try doing some stretching exercises, and make sure you get your bras fitted properly.
I had it too. Took a few weeks to go away. It also didn't help that I had a C-section, because a bit of air got trapped in my abdomen and was irritating my diaphragm and causing referred pain in my right shoulder - that killed!
Hi, congrats on your bub!

I had really bad upper back pain after the birth as well. I feel for you, as it was excruciating. Mine eventually went away, I used lots of heat packs and stretching. I know you can get special postpartum massages, might be worth looking into?

Hope you feel better soon smile
The physio's at the hospital I had bubs at said that happens a lot as we cradle our first, hunched over BF and look into their faces, which is not great posture at all. I had this too, and did notice with #2 it wasn't so bad as you are looking at your toddler. I went to the osteopath for pelvic pain post birth and she was brilliant at addressing this pain too. Another thing to do is lay on your side for BF for awhile to give your back a rest. Good luck with bubs.
While pregnancy back pain problem is common disease faced by every woman. I also have this problem while my pregnancy. So my health coach recommended me to buy the best reclining chair for back pain relief. And I buy Kahuna massage chair lm6800 for that purpose. Thank God it proven the best recliner for me.
https://backpainchairslab.com/best-recliner-for...
Sign in to follow this topic