Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Hair Loss after Giving Birth Lock Rss

Hello, I had my baby 4 Months ago, and for the past month Ive been losing SO much hair!!! It falls out everywhere. Round my temples is the worst, Im actually bald there!! Its very scary, Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this... how long will it last!? Thankyou for your replies in advance!!!
I was lucky as i had so much hair to start with, it didn't really matter that i was loosing so much, but it took about 7 months to go back to normal. I can't remember exactly but i think mine peaked about 4-5 months then gradually pulled back from there.

Totally normal. I had the same thing. Same bald patches on the temples as well. It does get better and go back to normal. should be back to normal by the time you baby is one. I know it seems like a long time and also you think you will lose all your hair. Good luck I hated the mess!!!! It will get better.

Hello, I had my baby 4 Months ago, and for the past month Ive been losing SO much hair!!! It falls out everywhere. Round my temples is the worst, Im actually bald there!! Its very scary, Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this... how long will it last!? Thankyou for your replies in advance!!!

i lost a bit after my first bub and then had bald patches around my temples after #2..it did grow back in thankfully but took a while so i just changes my hair cut to cover those spots i ended up getting a fringe cut in until those areas grw back and now its back to normal smile
in both cases it started falling out around 5months after the birth and has taken over a year (sorry sad ) to grow back... now ive got #3 dur in nov so heres to more temporary baldness!! lol it will grow back but i really dont think theres anything that you can do to stop it falling out
I had the same info as nadz27.... it doesn't last! It gets a bit annoying when all the hairloss creates new growth and you get all this fluffy stuff around your hairline! laugh

Don't stress! I lost BUCKETS of hair when DD was around 5 months old- it lasted a few months and I didn't go bald but it was scary! DH kept complaining- he said he found my hair everywhere including in in his butt crack! LOL!!!! tongue

i lost a bit after my first bub and then had bald patches around my temples after #2..it did grow back in thankfully but took a while so i just changes my hair cut to cover those spots i ended up getting a fringe cut in until those areas grw back and now its back to normal smile
in both cases it started falling out around 5months after the birth and has taken over a year (sorry sad ) to grow back... now ive got #3 dur in nov so heres to more temporary baldness!! lol it will grow back but i really dont think theres anything that you can do to stop it falling out

A fringe is a great idea! That would really have helped cover the awkward regrowth sticking up at the front. I will keep that in mind next time smile

A fringe is a great idea! That would really have helped cover the awkward regrowth sticking up at the front. I will keep that in mind next time smile

thats exactly why i had one cut, a full on fringe too and it actually looked really cool lol and was worth having to style it since it did cover the fluffy regrowth smile ive let it grow out now but will get it done again after #3 if the same thing happens.
i was also told the same as nadz27 that hormones prevent hair loss during preg which is why you get a luchious, thick, sexy do, then the change in hormones a few months after the birth causes that retained hair to malt plus the hair youd normally loose each day starts falling out again. its horrid i thought i was seriously going to go completely bald!!! but i didnt smile i dont think bald would look too good on me!
i have had the reverse. Before I was pregnant my hair would fall out all the time. Whilst pregnant it stopped growing (legs included), now it is growing again

I had the same hair loss as you, and my hair is now a quarter of the thickness it used to be. My baby is now 8 months old and it is starting to grow back and have the little fluffy bits all around. It is so annoying because you cant do much with it except slick it down. unsure
Mine started falling out 3 months after giving birth, it's been nearly 5 months and it's still falling out sad Strange though, with my first pregnancy I didn't have this problem. I read somewhere that it can last up to a year after giving birth! Hoping it stops before then :/
Oh Thank god I'm not alone. I too am seeing bald spots right above my temples.Experience hair loss and pull out clumps in the shower too! It freaks me out but at least we know it will stop right!?
Sign in to follow this topic