Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Lose weight without exercising... Lock Rss

Is there some sort of thing that i can do to loose a little baby weight without exercising? haha I am about 73kg now, i really want to get down to about 60, i was 63 pre pregnant.

Im guessing something like the lemon detox is out of the question seeing as im BFing...

I dont particually like exercise roll eyes I did start to walk but it is far too hot to be walking with bub and then by the time it does get cool enough i have to get dinner ready and do bedtime routine with bubba and by the time thats over its 8pm.

i am a pretty bad eater at times, there is always chocolate, lollies, biscuits in the house because DP is a serious snacker! I eat cereal for breakfast (weetbix or sports plus or something like that) generally ham/chicken cheese tomato sandwhiches/cruskits for lunch and then a pretty good dinner, its just all the in between snacking. And its hard cuz all that stuff is in the house. And i have no self control cuz lets face it...its easy food.

if anyone has any ideas, i would greatly appreciate it! grin
Green Tea Hawaii.. I drank it twice a day for a month and lost nearly 5 kgs with no exercise and no strict diet :)Pretty happy considering i only set out to loose 4 kgs
Green Tea Hawaii.. I drank it twice a day for a month and lost nearly 5 kgs with no exercise and no strict diet :)Pretty happy considering i only set out to loose 4 kgs

Is there some sort of thing that i can do to loose a little baby weight without exercising? haha I am about 73kg now, i really want to get down to about 60, i was 63 pre pregnant.

Im guessing something like the lemon detox is out of the question seeing as im BFing...

I dont particually like exercise roll eyes I did start to walk but it is far too hot to be walking with bub and then by the time it does get cool enough i have to get dinner ready and do bedtime routine with bubba and by the time thats over its 8pm.

i am a pretty bad eater at times, there is always chocolate, lollies, biscuits in the house because DP is a serious snacker! I eat cereal for breakfast (weetbix or sports plus or something like that) generally ham/chicken cheese tomato sandwhiches/cruskits for lunch and then a pretty good dinner, its just all the in between snacking. And its hard cuz all that stuff is in the house. And i have no self control cuz lets face it...its easy food.

if anyone has any ideas, i would greatly appreciate it! grin

Come visit my fb page copy an paste this to your fb search bar-
It Works - Wrap Away To Lose - Whitsunday region

You can wrap while BFing. These are great. I hate exercising an will use any excuse for why I can't do it lol!

How much do you pay for it? I just had a look at the site, its rather expensive.

How much do you pay for it? I just had a look at the site, its rather expensive.

I think its roughly $1 per satchel! I have a fair few left I cant stomach them.
I think they say that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. I have started the CSIRO diet and lost 4kgs within the first 2 weeks without exercise. The book cost about $35 and has weekly meal plans and recipes. I add more Food to accommodate BF. Also remember you don't have to do intensive exercise some light toning exercises will be good as well (and these can be done while interacting with bubs. I do sit ups and leg raises while my baby has tummy time.

I think they say that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. I have started the CSIRO diet and lost 4kgs within the first 2 weeks without exercise. The book cost about $35 and has weekly meal plans and recipes. I add more Food to accommodate BF. Also remember you don't have to do intensive exercise some light toning exercises will be good as well (and these can be done while interacting with bubs. I do sit ups and leg raises while my baby has tummy time.

I will be going down the CSIRO path too. Have just had 5th baby (literally, still in hospital). Definitely need to eat to BF and eat to lose weight.
errrr....not to be rude, but sometimes you just need to do stuff you don't like doing. You need to change your lifestyle if you want to lose weight. There are things you can do that don't require exercise - none of which you should do while bf and as soon as you are off them you will put the weight back on.

If you hate exercise, do something active that you enjoy. find a sport, do housework in a really active fast way so you get your heart rate up, dance, do a class with a friend. Even slow stuff like yoga and pilates is good. When you go to the shops, park the car further away. Use stairs instead of lifts or escalators.

basically...and I hate to be the bearer of bad news here..... tongue ....if you want to eat, you have to move your body. If you want to eat shite, then you have to move it faster and more often. That is just how it is.

if you are constantly snacking (and bf you tend to eat more) then set yourself up so you can't fail. Only buy what you should eat. Make yourself a pick platter with vegies, dip, fruit and nuts and a small amount of cheese. keep it at picking height in the fridge. If you want chocolate - by all means buy it, but buy expensive really good quality chocolate. That way there is less there, but its expensive so you are more inclined to make it last longer then 10mins. Its also better for you as the ingredients are better quality and they don't pad it out with vegetable fats.

Instead of soft drink - try mineral water (NOT SODA OR TONIC) mineral water just tastes like water with bubbles. The fizziness makes it refreshing. Although I have recently discovered that soda stream makes good fizzy water! All for $12 for 40L.

There are ways...but you might need to change your attitude just a little. wink

errrr....not to be rude, but sometimes you just need to do stuff you don't like doing. You need to change your lifestyle if you want to lose weight. There are things you can do that don't require exercise - none of which you should do while bf and as soon as you are off them you will put the weight back on.

If you hate exercise, do something active that you enjoy. find a sport, do housework in a really active fast way so you get your heart rate up, dance, do a class with a friend. Even slow stuff like yoga and pilates is good. When you go to the shops, park the car further away. Use stairs instead of lifts or escalators.

basically...and I hate to be the bearer of bad news here..... tongue ....if you want to eat, you have to move your body. If you want to eat shite, then you have to move it faster and more often. That is just how it is.

if you are constantly snacking (and bf you tend to eat more) then set yourself up so you can't fail. Only buy what you should eat. Make yourself a pick platter with vegies, dip, fruit and nuts and a small amount of cheese. keep it at picking height in the fridge. If you want chocolate - by all means buy it, but buy expensive really good quality chocolate. That way there is less there, but its expensive so you are more inclined to make it last longer then 10mins. Its also better for you as the ingredients are better quality and they don't pad it out with vegetable fats.

Instead of soft drink - try mineral water (NOT SODA OR TONIC) mineral water just tastes like water with bubbles. The fizziness makes it refreshing. Although I have recently discovered that soda stream makes good fizzy water! All for $12 for 40L.

There are ways...but you might need to change your attitude just a little. wink

Haha thanks for that!!

Totally went and brought celery, carrots, almonds, sultanas, dried apricots, watermelon, oranges today and stuff to make my own hummus!

And as for the mineral water, that stuff is feral! i dont like the bubbles in it, and its just tastes weird. I will just stick with normal water.

I did manage a sneaky little weigh in at the docs yesterday and ive managed to lose about 3kg in about 2 weeks. Have no idea how i managed to do that!

Haha thanks for that!!

Totally went and brought celery, carrots, almonds, sultanas, dried apricots, watermelon, oranges today and stuff to make my own hummus!

And as for the mineral water, that stuff is feral! i dont like the bubbles in it, and its just tastes weird. I will just stick with normal water.

I did manage a sneaky little weigh in at the docs yesterday and ive managed to lose about 3kg in about 2 weeks. Have no idea how i managed to do that!

yay!!! thats fantastic!! guacamole is a great healthy one too!

yay!!! thats fantastic!! guacamole is a great healthy one too!

Oh I did buy an avocado as well. I just add lemon juice salt and pepper to that one hey?
Sign in to follow this topic