Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Lochia Rss

Hey ladies

I am just curious how long your bleeding lasted after giving birth?

DS3 is nearly 4 weeks old (on Sunday) and I am still bleeding. Only slightly though but enough that i still need to wear a sanitary pad. With my two previous DSs bleeding had stopped at 2 weeks and my period had returned bang on 4 weeks.

Any advice?
Hmm, sounds like you got lucky with your first two births! I don't know about other people but for both my boys, my bleeding lasted 7, nearly 8 weeks!!! My sister's lasted 6 weeks as did a girlfriend's.
Mine lasted about 5 weeks of wearning pads then a couple weeks more very light with just liners i think.

Mine lasted for 10 weeks, so you are all lucky!

i think it was around 6weeks
With DD#1 it was about 9 or 10 weeks, and with DD#2 it was about 6 (which I thought was AWESOME after first time round!!)
Thanks ladies at least I am in the normal range then.

I must of been lucky with my first two, I wonder if having PPHs with my two previous births may have caused bleeding to stop quicker than this time as I did not have a PPH?

Thanks ladies at least I am in the normal range then.

I must of been lucky with my first two, I wonder if having PPHs with my two previous births may have caused bleeding to stop quicker than this time as I did not have a PPH?

i had PPH with DS and still bled for 6weeks but it could have some thing to do with it
4 weeks but I had a c-section and I hear you don't bleed as much after that...
Vaginal birth. Mine lasted just under 6 weeks. It was pretty much gone by 4, but it was like the tail-end of a period for a couple of weeks.
Mine lasted for 3 weeks and had peroid back by 6 weeks. On mini pill now (Zara is 9 weeks) have had 2 periods since. Very annoying was hoping I wouldn't have period until I stopped breast feeding - no such luck.
my first 2 it lasted for 3 weeks and then the occasional spotting here and there until about 6 weeks. i had a PPH with my first too.

#3 i was still bleeding reasonably heavy at 8 weeks and id been having little period like cramps (no PPH). it ended up being some retained placenta that had become infected..it caused me quite alot of pain and afew issues sad

i shrugged off the bleeding as i thought i was within the normal range, i wish i had of mentioned it to my GP at my 6 week check or my midwife. so if your unsure mention it, but 4 weeks sounds ok.
Sign in to follow this topic