Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Looking after yourself with a Newborn
  5. Heart Palpitations 4 days after giving birth

Heart Palpitations 4 days after giving birth Lock Rss

Hi all,
Before I start let me just say I am going to the doctors tomorrow and I really don't want anybody scaring me as I am worried enough as it is.

I gave birth on the 22 May, pretty normal birth,it was long and I did have some hiccups but a normal vaginal delivery,I also had an epidural.

Anyway,I do get heart palpitations from time to time (not often) but during labour and since the birth I've noticed them a lot more n more frequently.

It does scare me,and wander if any other new mums experience this.

I am thinking it may be from the change in hormones,the shock of childbirth and just generally all the big changes since giving birth.
Has anyone else had this??
You've probably seen your doctor by now, but my guess would be hormones. I got a lot of palpitations during pregnancy and then afterwards. Early pregnancy was the worst. It all settled down as my body got back to normal. Hope all goes well for your. Enjoy your lovely newborn.
Thank you so much for your msg,I think it might be my hormones and body settling as well,palpitations are so scary and its making me so upset and scared
Thank you so much for your msg,I think it might be my hormones and body settling as well,palpitations are so scary and its making me so upset and scared
Congrats!!!!

I hope that you get it sorted it can be very scary. But I do agree that it could just be hormones settling and your body settling down after the birth.

Good luck. Hope that you get it sorted.

Sign in to follow this topic