Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Basinettes V's cots? Lock Rss

Hi all,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on basinettes? I know alot of people these days are just going straight into cots to save on the costs of having to buy each plus sheets, blankets etc.

Tracey, Joshua 08/01/06

we weren't to sure about what sort of cot to buy so we have a friend lending us their bassinet until we find one we like...

Denise 25 Xavier 28.04.06

I have always used a basinette as a first bed and normally managed to use it for 3-4 months. I also use buuny rugs and folded cot sheets instead of the basinette sheets. I have always kept baby some where near me and the beauty of a basinette is that it is portable and can be moved from room to room.

Nikki, Brissie, mum of 3,

Hi,
We were loaned a bassinet which we only ended up using for 2 weeks. We started laying my DD down for her daytime naps in her cot and found she slept well so continued at night as well.
It was also better for my sleep because having her in the room it was too hard for me to resist turning on the light every time she made the slightest noise or picking her up when she could've put herself back to sleep.
We were given our bassinet sheets and blankets as presents but we also used folded full size cot sheets when her bassinet ones were dirty.
Min

Min, NSW, Charlotte 30/8/05

Sign in to follow this topic