Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Side by side or tandem pram Lock Rss

Hi everyone

With a 20 month old and a 2 week old we are in desperate need of a double pram. I am after your thoughts on what would be the best way to go - ie does a side by side pram fit in the supermarket aisles, are the tandem prams too long or should I go for a normal pram with a removable toddler seat. Gee I wish I had thought about this before we bought our Jeep pram cause they don't have the option for a toddler seat.

We have just had our first shopping experience with both kids and I have vowed never again until I can get them both into a pram! It was a nightmare....

Any advise and ideas on brand of pram you can offer would be greatly appreciated ....

2 cutie kids!

we have a tandem its great where do you live? i am looking to sell it

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

hi there

from personal experiance dont get a jogger with a toddler seat talk about dangerous! they are unstable enough without the toddler seat! i also used a 4 wheeler and sling and thats great when the bubs is little but as they get bigger your probably better off with a tandem just check that its easy to steer first
hope this helps

violet

Charlie 5, Imee 3, Laura 13mths, and ttc #4!

Hi. My hubby and I thought that wwe had thought ahead. We got a 4 wheel pram with a toddler seat (I tried the 3 wheel with my daughter in the toddler seat, and it was REALLY unstable. It tipped over as soon as I tried to push it, lucky hubby was right next to it!!). Problem with the 4 wheel and toddler seat, as soon as bubs can sit up, you can't use the toddler seat. And my bubs won't lay down anymore. So I would really go the tandem or side by side. Now (bubs is 11 months), if I go to shops on my own with kids, I need to use a trolley. If hubby is with me, we take pram and a stroller. Good luck.
You have probably already bought your pram by now, if you haven't here is some food for thought. I have a 3mth old and a very tall 2 year old. I got a tandem on the salesperson's advice that I wouldn't fit a sidebyside thru checkouts etc. My oldest is not comfortable in the front because it is not big enough and prefers to sit in the back. After 1/2 an hour of shopping I am ready for serious coffee, the baby is getting a wedgee from the front seatbelt as he can't sit up. The toddler is crying in the back because he is in trouble for kicking the baby's seat and I can't let go of the pram because the weight balance tips the pram over. I don't even use it anymore. I sit the kids in a trolley. Take both children when you get the pram and try it out first.

Yvette, qld, toddler and newborn boys

Sign in to follow this topic