Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

car seats Lock Rss

hey just wondering when can you turn the car seat around??

Kayla Elizabeth (10/1/06) Mummy''''s Angel

Usually about 8kg's. There is also a length and an estimated age, but I think it's to do with their head and stuff.

We had a car seat originally, but were told that the capsules are much safer so we now have one of those. But the person who installed it said they can only be used until 8kg, and then you get the car seat and face it to the front but slanted back for them.
If your baby is constantly trying to "sit up" then it is time to turn it around. Just make sure you recline it as far as it can go.

Peta, mum of 7 kids

I asked my early childhood health nurse when Kellie was six months, when she was able to start facing the front and the nurse said that facing the back is the safest way for a baby to travel and to leave her until she was unhappy facing the back and wanted to see more. So I left my little one facing the back until she was about ten months.

I think by the manufactures booklet for our seat, it said once the baby weighed 8 kg then it was safe to turn the seat around.

angel was 8 weeks old when we had to turn ours around as she was to tall for it

mum to 3

Maximum weight for rear facing is 12kg, minimum weight for front facing is 8kg. Your choice really.
Sign in to follow this topic