Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

To mobile or not to mobile? Lock Rss

Hi mums and dads and caregivers out there

I was wondering if mobiles are a good or a bad thing to use/hang above the baby's cot?

Also, are mobiles that play music better than those that don't?

Would love to hear your experiences, thoughts and opinions as a friend of ours would like to know what they can buy us as a present and I was thinking of suggesting a mobile.

Thank you, I look forward to getting some feedback.
My DS, who's almost 2 years old, looooooves his cot mobile. We bought a battery operated one (Tiny Love Symphony in motion) and it plays three pieces of classical music. Once he was able to pull himself up in the cot, we removed the actual mobile itself and left the music box attached to the side of his cot. He now puts himself to sleep or self-settles when he wakes up in the middle of the night or in the morning by turning the music on himself. It has been one of the best baby investments we made. If you do decide to get one, I'd definitely recommend getting a battery operated one. The one we have goes for 15 minutes. Long enough to put baby to sleep. Those wind-up ones only go for a minute or so, and you can't use it after they learn to pull themselves up as they can reach and pull the mobile down.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

The only prob that I can think of is if your bub will only sleep wiht the mobile above its head then you have to carry it with you everywhere otherwise it many not sleep in other environments like the porta cot etc... Or it may work as a distraction rather than lull the bub to sleep.

In saying that if you are happy to take the mobile with you it could be a good thing as then it knows when the mobile is on its famililar and time to sleep.

They are good for over the change table as a distraction once the bub starts to skwirm. I just use the floor, we dont have a chnage table as we have bubs that squirm a lot!

My first bub had difficulty sleeping and even patterns on the sleets were a distraction where as my second it would not have mattered. My kids take teddys with them everywhere and that is what is familiar to them, and although they are not sleepy kids we can usually get them to sleep at others houses.

3 under 3- 15 month gaps. Busy but loving it eìí?

Hi YYM,

The only thing that I can add, is not related to whether to or not use a musical mobile, but rather make a suggestion: - If you choose to purchase one, try them before you buy them.

The selection of tunes is sooooooooooooooooooooo important. My wife and I chose one for it's colour and cute looks - boy were we wrong. Listen to the selection of tunes. They'll quickly drive you crazy if it's an annoying tune, played over and over and over again...

Best wishes & good luck.

Jeff

Jeff, NSW, 1 & 1 on the way

Sign in to follow this topic