Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Steelcraft Stider Plus Lock Rss

As above guys?

Any opinions on this pram and the toddler seat as well as any accessories you have used with it?

I am looking at this aswell for when bub# 2 arrives (DD will be 21mths). Would love to hear everyones opinions.

I saw someone at the shops with the pram and asked them what they thought of it. They loved it. I was worried as the back looks quite wide, but they said they found getting through the registers at Kmart hard (unless you went to the pram aisle), but other than that had no problems getting in or out anywhere.
We will have the same age gap between our babies! my DS will be 20-21 months when the new baby arrives.

For my DD and DS i have currently been using a double steelcraft jogger - and it is just too heavy, too awkward and too wide.

But, with csections i just don't think that's going to be appropriate anymore.

Will definately be looking at the accessories you suggested Jenata. Definately the drink bottle bit for the front - mums gotta have a bt of comfort too LOL

I am hoping to get a Strider Plus at the end of the month. I test drove one about a month ago and I am so in love with it, simply because you can have the capsule and also the toddler seat. Although it is very wide....Id rather it be that way than tipping over with 2 kids in it. Have a look on youtube, Ive watched a few demo videos on there which has me sold even more! Cant wait to get it!!!

We have the Strider Plus 4 Wheeler in Toffee and the capsule. It is by far the best thing we have bought.
Very sturdy over varied terrain, easy to fold up, switch the way the seat is facing, change to the capule, etc. And the under basket is huge!!
Its is a little wide (only about an inch wider then the P&Ts though) but still fits out a checkout. I find it a little heavy, but as the seat is so easy to take out I tend to pull it apart to put it in the back of the 4wd.
People always seem to comment on what a great looking pram it is, and I have some VERY jealous friends with P&T's!
I have a love hate relationship with mine. It's an awesome design, great looking, practical. I use mine purely for walking as I have a small car so use a Valco Ion for the car. The Strider plus was the only pram that had a decent basket so you can put your shopping in it. It is wide, so often you have to use the wheelchair aisle, but that's no biggie. My main beef is the annoying wobble when you are on smooth floors. Actually shakes my baby around a fair bit. Google it and you will see it's a common fault. I figure as he gets older it wont matter, and when you are walking fast on rough terrain it's a smooth ride. Go figure!

I have a love hate relationship with mine. It's an awesome design, great looking, practical. I use mine purely for walking as I have a small car so use a Valco Ion for the car. The Strider plus was the only pram that had a decent basket so you can put your shopping in it. It is wide, so often you have to use the wheelchair aisle, but that's no biggie. My main beef is the annoying wobble when you are on smooth floors. Actually shakes my baby around a fair bit. Google it and you will see it's a common fault. I figure as he gets older it wont matter, and when you are walking fast on rough terrain it's a smooth ride. Go figure!

Oh and the sun and rain covers are great, and included for free unlike the more expensive prams that you need to buy them seperately.

Well as most ppl on here know i have one and love it lol. i've never had any problem with the width and in measurement its the same as my old single pram. it looks wide due to the big wheels but actually isnt fits through all standard doors and aisles that ive been too. it also comes with an attachment that lifts the top sit up and over a little bit more giving underneath more room. it also has "good suspentation" so getting up on the curb is easy as. its great that either child can go in either seat and that the top seat can be turned to face you. its great that it can be used as a single pram. love the reversible pads and the hoods are huge and fantastic (not like our first pram). i have been keeping both seats attched lately when folding it, where before i wasnt as it seemed huge which i thought was weird as the lady at the shop showed me a demo and it didnt look that big so i re-read the manual and turns out i was doing it wrong there is a little button on the side over the second seat that pushes it flatter and further into the basket it now folds flat so that really handy to otehrwise both seats are really easy to take off and put on. i also love that if DD2 is in the top i can have her one way and easily move the seat to the otherway if need be without moving her or waking her i could go on and on lol. so if u have any worries or questions your welcome to pm also i found a great deal online and got it 400 cheaper including postage then it would have cost at the shops here or other online shops

I have to return mine, it is that hard to fold down. and it starting to break in the side joint from the problem with folding it down. I HATE THEM ! and i doubt ill be able to get a refund from the place i bought it from . sad

It is a really easy pram to navigate, it has a big area for shopping etc, Ive found it easy to fold up, great rain cover. But it is heavy and wide. I think it is a great pram, I loved my bassinett attachment which my baby would sleep in if we travelled instead of a porta-cot, he wasnt in it long but I thought it was worth the money, but now he is in the seat attachment and I go running, its not a good pram for running with. So if your active I would suggest looking into something else, I have my eye on a phil and ted vibe or dash hehehehe tongue
It's a great pram! Easy to steer, comfortable and for my DS it sits him up nice and high which he loves!!

We haven't used it with the todddler seat YET...our second bubba is due in December, so we will start using it with the two of them then.

The only downsides I have found with this pram is that it is a little heavy - but then again I have a bad back anyway. And shopping checkouts are a bit of a hassle. Other then that though it is GREAT!!! Money well spent, LOVE IT!! Also, If you hunt around on the internet you can get massive savings and great prices for postage.

Good luck with it all smile
i dont have one but i see them all the time and the thing i wonder is if the childs legs go underneath as they get older where does the baby bag go?
i dont really like the look of them either and i already have a strider and i know how heavy they are and how hard they are to fold down!

Well as most ppl on here know i have one and love it lol. i've never had any problem with the width and in measurement its the same as my old single pram. it looks wide due to the big wheels but actually isnt fits through all standard doors and aisles that ive been too. it also comes with an attachment that lifts the top sit up and over a little bit more giving underneath more room. it also has "good suspentation" so getting up on the curb is easy as. its great that either child can go in either seat and that the top seat can be turned to face you. its great that it can be used as a single pram. love the reversible pads and the hoods are huge and fantastic (not like our first pram). i have been keeping both seats attched lately when folding it, where before i wasnt as it seemed huge which i thought was weird as the lady at the shop showed me a demo and it didnt look that big so i re-read the manual and turns out i was doing it wrong there is a little button on the side over the second seat that pushes it flatter and further into the basket it now folds flat so that really handy to otehrwise both seats are really easy to take off and put on. i also love that if DD2 is in the top i can have her one way and easily move the seat to the otherway if need be without moving her or waking her i could go on and on lol. so if u have any worries or questions your welcome to pm also i found a great deal online and got it 400 cheaper including postage then it would have cost at the shops here or other online shops

I love this pram and am shopping around for the best price atm. Just wondering where online you got yours from and for how much if you dont mind saying so?
Thanks

Sign in to follow this topic