Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Newborn Accessories & Equipment
  5. Need help with Double pram selection

Need help with Double pram selection Lock Rss

I recently found out that I might be pregnant with my second child and my DS is only 14 months, so I need to look at buying some sort of double pram.

With DS I bought Stealcraft Orbit and love it. I loved the reversable handle and a baby insert, it also felt "cozzy". So I would love to find something similar, but it has to carry 2.

So reqs are:
-reversable handle
- Not too big as I only have Holden commodore
- have to have a baby insert for little one
- cost no more than 700$

Any suggestions?
Sorry, can't help you with the double pram option, but your toddler will be about 2 when bub is born? So will my DS, since I found out I was preg, I started 'training' him to walk with me, if I am having a big day out I do take the stroller, but get him to walk as much as possible. Also been teaching him to stand next to the car when I get him out (do keep a VERY close eye on him).

My plan is to have the pram for bub and have DS walk, also going to see if I can get a buggy board for my pram for DS. I will have a sling or carrier with me for long outings so if DS wants a rest he can jump in pram and I can carry bub.

Just thought I would suggest this as another option for you

have a look at the think twins website. They have a twin pram buying guide that might help you make a selection.\

I bought an iCandy & I love it (it is more than $700 though) DD is nearly 2 & DS is 2mths. I find that when I am on my own it is easier to have them both in the pram, when DH is with me, we can set up the pram in single mode & DD can walk with one of us.
I have twins and have the Baby Jogger Citi Mini Double and absolutly love it.
I'd be leaning towards slinging the baby and training number 1 to walk holding a strap on the pram (we use the stretchy wrist band ones they sell in baby shops) and look into scooter board options. It would be a much cheaper option and most of the decent options dont do reversible handles or meet your requirements.

When bubs is bigger you could look at a stadium duo if you need a double pram. They are inexpensive and have great shopping baskets.

We used side by sides for mine once we needed a double pram - that way both could see. The Maclaren one folds compactly and is manageable through most shops.
I came across a company that sells buggy boards in New Zealand. They were doing a demonstration at Botany Downs a couple of weeks back and their product looks pretty good.

Here is their website if you want to have a look: http://www.buggyboard.co.nz

They seem to be doing a special at the moment as well, $80 which is pretty cheap really.
i was recently in the same boat look at the Baby Jogger City Select http://babyjoggerstrollers.com.au/products/stro...

you can have two seats in 16 possible positions including bassinets, and carriers. i have my 6mth old facing in and my 2 year old facing out

its light weight and easy to maneuver, also has a huge basket underneath, the hoods are extra long and cover the sun out of bubs face, you can use it as a one seater or 2, i love the brake system it has it is up at the handle instead of below

i was recently in the same boat look at the Baby Jogger City Select http://babyjoggerstrollers.com.au/products/stro...

you can have two seats in 16 possible positions including bassinets, and carriers. i have my 6mth old facing in and my 2 year old facing out

its light weight and easy to maneuver, also has a huge basket underneath, the hoods are extra long and cover the sun out of bubs face, you can use it as a one seater or 2, i love the brake system it has it is up at the handle instead of below

I agree - The City Select is the option best when it comes to double prams.

I recently found out that I might be pregnant with my second child and my DS is only 14 months, so I need to look at buying some sort of double pram.

With DS I bought Stealcraft Orbit and love it. I loved the reversable handle and a baby insert, it also felt "cozzy". So I would love to find something similar, but it has to carry 2.

So reqs are:
-reversable handle
- Not too big as I only have Holden commodore
- have to have a baby insert for little one
- cost no more than 700$

Any suggestions?

They dont have a reversible handle, but I bought a Bootiq double stroller from Baby City for $300. The seats are in line and the back seat adjusts up and down so is suitable for newborn. Both seats have a sunshade and it also comes with a storm cover. I love mine, its very simple to put up and down and will fit easily in your car. It weighs 10kg so pretty light for what it is.Just dont buy a side by side pram as you will never be able to go into shops with it.
Hi I have a 17 month old and 6 week old and I have the Steelcraft Strider Plus 3 wheel with the second seat attachment. I absolutely love it! The second seat holds up to 16kg and the first seat holds about 18 I think? You can have baby in either one...

However I find that my DS would much rather walk than sit in there so if I'm just ducking down street then I don't bother taking attachment. Others suggested for me just to get the board too but then what happens if you are out for majority of day and they need a sleep??
Sign in to follow this topic