Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Best brand of bottles to buy? Lock Rss

Hi
Just wondering what brand of bottles to use? Im due to have my first child in september and i plan on breast feeding but would like to have a few bottles incase breastfeeding doesnt end up happening. Just wondering if anyone has had much trouble with bottles and which is the best to go with.

thanks
my first 2 were more than happy with the cheapies. although it wouldnt hurt to have 1 or 2 diff types, like normal teat bottles and those wide ones coz some bubs prefer them. but they get used to what they r given, well mine were fine. but as they say every bub is different. which makes life so much more difficult, lol. g/l with bf by the way
If you're planning of breastfeeding then don't waste your money on buying bottles now. If it comes to that it's not like they're hard to find when/if you need them smile

TIf you're planning of breastfeeding then don't waste your money on buying bottles now. If it comes to that it's not like they're hard to find when/if you need them smile

I have to agree! With ds1 bf didn't work out due to supply issues and I had 3 different bottles that were given to me at my baby shower he hated the avent and tommee tippee ones, he just flated out refused them but the mam anti colic one he took to straight away.

Ds2 I have been lucky enough to successfully bf. He is 5 months and going well but there have been 1 or 2 nights when he has been going through a growth spurt and constantly feeding and I was dead tired and had there been a bottle in the house I would gladly have dragged dh's butt out of bed and let him bottle feed him. If you really want to succeed at bf it's easier when they aren't in the house and if all goes well why waste your money. Having said that if it makes you feel better having them I would suggest the mam anti colic bottles.

Goodluck for the birth and your new journey as a mum

I used happy baby glass bottles, available from chemists.
I spent heaps of money on the Avent bottles and just one day DS2 wasnt drinking properly was getting frustrated, i thought the flow on the teat wasnt fast enough so i wasted more money buying the next size, that didnt make a difference so anyway i thought maybe its the weird shape teat that he doesnt like so i went to woolies and bought a 2pack of Happy Baby bottle for $3.90(which by the way are BPA free) and ive never looked back.

So wat im saying is dont go all out and buy a *** load of expensive bottles cos bubby might not even like them.
thanks for the replies. i have been given a few bottles so ill just stick with them till we need to buy bottles smile
I know im a bit late in replying but just wanted to let you know I used the Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles and both my children could easily go from breastfeeding to bottlefeeds and back again. I returned to part time work rather quickly so they were a neccessity for me as I needed to express milk and they were wonderful bottles, I highly recommend them if ever the time comes that you need bottles.
http://www.lifefactory.com/baby/4-oz-nipple-top.html

these are the best bottles we have come across. We have had no problems with reflux with these bottles. A bit expensive but they are nice.

Sign in to follow this topic