Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Newborn Accessories & Equipment
  5. Need help with buying a pram for two

Need help with buying a pram for two Lock Rss

Hi,
I'm due to have my 3rd bub beginning of December and need help with buying a pram!
I will be walking up a steep hill everyday taking my 5 year old to school next year. I need something that will be be good for a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old. I have been looking at Striders but am not sure about the plastic wheels if they will last long. I have also been looking at the Love and Care Europa stroller. Just want all of your opinions!! Pro's and Cons and if there's any other double prams you can recommend. Cheers!!! : )
I have a Phil & Teds Sport with the 2nd seat. I love it. Having proper wheels definately help when you do alot of walking compared to a strider which has plastic wheels and they fit through normal doorways and shop isles =) My son will be 2.3 years old when our bub is born so having the phil & teds is fantastic as it has a higher weight limit compared to alot of prams out there on the market at the moment

Hi,
I'm due to have my 3rd bub beginning of December and need help with buying a pram!
I will be walking up a steep hill everyday taking my 5 year old to school next year. I need something that will be be good for a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old. I have been looking at Striders but am not sure about the plastic wheels if they will last long. I have also been looking at the Love and Care Europa stroller. Just want all of your opinions!! Pro's and Cons and if there's any other double prams you can recommend. Cheers!!! : )

Hi, when we finally get pregnant with #3 I will be buying a Baby Jogger City Select.

I took one for a test "drive" the other day and it was awesome. With my first 2 I had a tandem and it felt like I was driving a truck and really heavy. This one I tested with 2 12kgs kids and it drove like a breeze. So light to push and easy to push and turn.

I will be buying mine from the US though as I will save around $500.

As for tyres this pram has the ones with the foam in so they will never go flat.

When I was in the baby shop I also saw a Peg Pegaro in the same sort of style.

Good Luck with your pram hunt!

I have a valco matrix pram and we bought the toddler seat with it aswell incase they werent avail. later on as we knew we were going to have more then 1. Anyway I find it easy and great to use especially walking in all type or terrain.

I dont know much about the ones u suggested tho.... just know mine has been good.

Hi I bought the strider plus last may when my bub was born for him and my then 2 yr old dd, we use it loads and love it, still going strong!!! my ds is now 15 mth and my dd 3, the weight for the seats is more than other prams the extra seat can hold upto 20 kgs, my 4.5 yr old sits in there sometimes.Best pram I have ever had and I've had loads over the years!!! smile

jade82

have a look at the think twins website. there is a twin pram buying guide thats pretty helpful. lists pros & cons of lots of different prams.
Hi, I am in the same situation I have an 18 month old and 2nd baby due in January. I have been looking on the internet at the Baby Jogger City Select pram which you can attach the capsule. There are 16 different ways you can adjust the pram with capsule, seat etc. They are quite expensive and I was wondering if anyone has purchased on Amazon? Or any online shops which are cheaper that buying in the shops.
I'm in a similar situation due with num 3 and I bought a steel craft strider plus and it's awesome. I just googled pram reviews and also just asked mums whilst being out and about. I also saved a few hundred by buying it from babyzonedirect as where I live would not offer any discount so I bought the pram the toddler seat as well as the car capsule and got it all delivered to my door for just under 950. Compared to what they wanted to charge me locally for me it was cheaper to buy online... I am in love with it. Good luck.
I have the strider for my 19 month old and 6 month old and LOVE it. It's easy to steer, i've never had any trouble with getting it through aisles or checkout and folds down really flat. Only downside is it can be a little heavy pushing it uphill, having said that I have 20kg of baby in there between the 2 of them so I guess you have to expect that!

Hi I bought the strider plus last may when my bub was born for him and my then 2 yr old dd, we use it loads and love it, still going strong!!! my ds is now 15 mth and my dd 3, the weight for the seats is more than other prams the extra seat can hold upto 20 kgs, my 4.5 yr old sits in there sometimes.Best pram I have ever had and I've had loads over the years!!! smile

I agree! best pram ive ever bought!!! But i dont have a second child.

I wouldnt buy any other pram!
I love my Phil and Teds Sports

Bit awkward to use in newborn&toddler mode though-think this puts most people off. You can get around this by using a capsule with a travel system adaptor (they sell adaptors for most capsules). Then capsule goes on top and toddler seat below.

Bub can move into toddler seat fairly early - my boy is 11 weeks and had him in reclined toddler seat yesterday for a short time with a head snuzzler for extra support - he looked very comfortable.

Has the bonus of taking large amount of weight - I think 25kg in main seat and 15kg in toddler seat (my 6 year old can still use it) so will last you well
I have a Strider Plus and Love it. We had the original stride for my first son and upgraded when I had my second son last August. Its still going strong carrying around a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Also apparently they have great resale value when you have finished with it.
Sign in to follow this topic