Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

looking for the perfect pram Lock Rss

After dh insisting on the first pram we bought because it had 'mag wheels', this time round I am choosing one, and want to find one that fits quite a few requirements. Our last one was bulky, heavy & awkward to set up and fold up.... not to mention huge when it was folded.

I'm looking for:

Lightweight
Rubber, largish wheels that provide easy maneuverability
Not too wide
Folds up compact
Easy to set up and fold up
Can be reclined with one step (no zips)
Can be used for rougher terrain for when I run/walk
Can be steered one handed

Anyone have this pram? smile

yep, i have a beema Q by swallow. fits all your requirments.

i've had it for 5 years and still going strong.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

I've got a Phil and Ted's explorer, and it does all those things. I love it.
I keep looking up prams, loving the look of them, then looking at reviews that make them all sound like crap. I'm a bit scared of spending a whole lot of money on a dodge pram! Lol
Our last one was heavy and bulky and too wide - but at least it didn't fall apart like a lot of people are saying some of these fancy ones are..... eek! I think I'm just confusing myself now..... lol

check out the baby jogger range...I love mine...folds down by pulling one strap!
I absolutely love and definitely recommend my Baby Jogger City Mini. I reckon it would satisfy all the requirements that you mentioned. It is very lightweight and can be folded and put in the back of the car with one hand. The only negative is that the storage basket under the pram is a bit difficult to get to but that isn't a huge problem for me.

I researched before I bought it and I think the basket was pretty much the only negative that people mentioned.
BABY JOGGER!!! I have always LOVED the city select...but my hubby has talked me into buying a city elite. Very easy to fold...just pull one handle...can be done with one hand whilst holding a baby in another! folds small and is not to heavy!
I was impressed with the baby jogger too, a friend has one and loves it. It just didn't suit me as I have 2 kids needing the pram at once.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to have to head to the city to check all these out I think - even the baby jogger has reviews that say don't ever buy it! Lol

all i have to say is pick a pram that u like and matches ur requirements and price range and ignore all the reviews, pick out ur own pros and cons and test them out in store..

I found every pram had a bad review and every pram had a ggreat one..
everyone will think differently of their pram.. i got a steelcraft and all the reviews said it was so hard to fold and they had to watch the demo videos over and over again and still cant get it and etc, and i went in the store and i firgured it out in a minute or two and fold it with one hand with ease every time!... so each to their own!

i would use reviews as a practical informer but then do ur research online and implement in a store, i found that choosing my pram like that made it much easier for me to decide on the right one.

After dh insisting on the first pram we bought because it had 'mag wheels', this time round I am choosing one, and want to find one that fits quite a few requirements. Our last one was bulky, heavy & awkward to set up and fold up.... not to mention huge when it was folded.

I'm looking for:

Lightweight
Rubber, largish wheels that provide easy maneuverability
Not too wide
Folds up compact
Easy to set up and fold up
Can be reclined with one step (no zips)
Can be used for rougher terrain for when I run/walk
Can be steered one handed

Anyone have this pram? smile

I HAVE THE PREFECT PRAM!!!

Its the icandy peach

expensive but worth every cent!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_hR7aVrRo&feature=related
I have gone with the mountain buggy swift as it is light and easy to manouver it is quite long when it folds but folds easy. has an ajustable handle too which I like as I am tall. Still have another 10 weeks until bubs is due so shall see how I go..
Sign in to follow this topic