Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Prams and all that jazz Lock Rss

Soooo... my DH and I hit the baby shops for the very first time on the weekend and i must say, its a bit overwhelming with what to buy and what not to buy...
Im sure there are old posts about this topic, however im starting a new one and i hope you experienced ladies can help me with my purchases smile

Which pram setup should we go for:

1. A pram that has a special attachment for a capsule, so when you take the baby out of the car you can clip it into the pram (without disturbing the baby) - this option we will need to buy a capsule, pram and car seat at 4-6 months.
OR
2. A pram on its own. We would need to buy a capsule for the car, a pram and a car seat. I think this option worked out cheaper but you disturb the baby moving it from capsule to pram.

We plan on having more than 1 kid so i was also looking into prams that can convert to a two seater in the future, plus i dont want to have to buy a new one down the track.

What is a good brand for prams? we're looking middle of the road - not too cheap but we dont need a top of the range pram with suspension, aerodynamics and sub woofa grin haha

Which is the best online store to buy your baby gear from (cheap and reliable)?

Thank you thank you - any advise would be great smile xx
Oooh will be looking forward to some responses for this one, so much to learn lol.

We have gone top of the line and got the MT buggy. We also picked up a second hand carry cot to clip onto it for first few months.

I bought a strider plus with capsule attachment baby seat and a second seat attachment, brillant pram easy to move around and fold up, quite expensive though but for me well worth it.
Hi, It can be so overhwhelming when you first start looking at baby stuff, I remember when DH and I first went in a shop we walked around and walked straight back out. So much stuff!

I loved having a capsule, we have hired one both times, but I only found out after we returned it that our pram could have a capsule attachment. Oh well next baby - that would have been very handy as the capsule can be quite heavy to carry esp when they get bigger.

I wish I did a bit more research with my pram although I love it (it's a valco rebel q) the toddler seat is a bit useless once the baby wants to sit up so hardly used it at all. I am looking at getting another attachment (swiss strolli rider) for my toddler.

A couple of my friends have the baby jogger city select which looks great and can take 2 seats or 1 seat or 1 seat and a capsule - but they are quite expensive - over $1000.

Moo2Moo wrote:
I bought a strider plus with capsule attachment baby seat and a second seat attachment, brillant pram easy to move around and fold up, quite expensive though but for me well worth it.

I second the Strider Plus!! Amazing pram. Had it for DS n DD - had the capsule up top n DS underneath n then when DD left the capsule I had her underneath n him up top n sometimes she'd be up top... Very versatile n easy to steer n very durable!! Steelcraft are built to last n the strider plus isn't as dear as it was when they first came out n I bought my first one. Definitely not the dearest n they will last all your kids easy.
Regret lending it to a family member who never gave it back sad
But went n bought another Strider plus second hand n by god I missed this pram grin xx

I know how you feel! With my son 6 yrs ago these decisions seemed so much easier... Less to choose from maybe but now there's so many options!! Also I want a stroller that's good for jogging with and have been looking at the steel craft compact but I'm not sure about 4 wheels as last time I had a 3 wheeler valco... Decisions decisions
I have a valco rebel q air. I absolutely love it - and I had a list of requirement as long as my arm when looking for the right pram because the one I had for dd was awful.

It covers both of your above options. It comes with the normal pram seat that lays completely flat (so you don't need a bassinet) and this is removable, you can use the capsule option with it too.

There are plenty of other great things about it but I won't spend the time elaborating unless you're interested in it. Lol

They're around the $700 mark which is a bit on the pricey side, however I think it's to the standard of bugaboo etc which are double the price of this one.

Oooh ladies this is all so awesome - THANK YOU!!!

Ill research every pram mentioned - im looking into the Strider Plus at the moment which seems great! - Thank you Moo2moo and V_1990 smile

Basically it will be a shopping pram, but i guess occasionally it will be used for walks... but im no fitness junkie wink

Can you guys suggest any on line stores??? or do you buy from baby stores?
I've never purchased over the internet sorry hun no advise there, i prefer to go into the store and be able to test the pram to see how it move's fold's up etc:.
My partner and I started looking at stuff for baby when we started to ttc to get a fair range of price we also looked at prams and i liked the strider ive heard good things from family and freinds.

KatieBabie wrote:
Oooh ladies this is all so awesome - THANK YOU!!!

Ill research every pram mentioned - im looking into the Strider Plus at the moment which seems great! - Thank you Moo2moo and V_1990 smile

Basically it will be a shopping pram, but i guess occasionally it will be used for walks... but im no fitness junkie wink

Can you guys suggest any on line stores??? or do you buy from baby stores?

Try www.pramwarehouse.com.au smile their warehouses are actually based in qld n registered post only cost me 22$ to rural nsw n took 2days!! No kidding! They were great! N they have very competitive prices on prams n other baby gear xx oh n for shopping the strider plus has a huge shopping basket!! That's one of the reasons I love it - I walk to the shops a lot and have no car so it's great being Able to fit heaps in the pram!! Ppl complain about it's width but I use self serve most places or a wheelchair access checkout n iv never had issues so really it's not a negative to me!
I bought the strider plus when it first came out n they had it cheaper, the second seat n capsule cheaper even with postage to my door!! Very happy with them grin xx
If u have a baby bunting (they have online store too) nearby their postage to ur door is flat rate n cheap n they're also competitive most baby stuff too smile I'm getting my bassinet from them! smile
Good luck xxxx

Sign in to follow this topic