Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Backpack or Purse Nappy Bag? Lock Rss

Hey everyone, I am trying to figure out what nappy bag to get my sister who has just had her first baby. My sister leads a very busy lifestyle and has a very supportive husband so I assume she will be running around lots after the baby is born (she is already enrolled in Post Natal yoga) so I wanted to get a nappy bag that would fit her busy lifestyle. I saw that there are two main types that are sold, the backpack style nappy organizers and then the purse style. I am guessing that the backpack style would fit her perfectly, but wanted to hear if there are any big issues that people have with it. Looking forward to hearing your advice smile

I went to my sisters house the other day and showed her all of the nappy organizers I had been looking at on https://www.for-sale.ie/nappy-organizer and she loved all the choices and was just so happy that I was trying to help her out. She picked out one that we were able to get that day, and since it was second hand the previous owner had made some improvements to it like extra pockets that actually work. Thanks for the advice everyone!
Personally I'd let your sister choose. Show her the ones you're thinking of online then get the one she wants.

A nappy bag is something she's going to use multiple times a day for many months and there are so many different types available.

Personally I find the back pack style ones hopeless for young babies as they aren't easy to attach to a pram and it's harder to find stuff quickly and easily. That's just my opinion though. I usually use a regular nappy bag with young babies then swap to a back pack once they're toddlers and you aren't carrying so much stuff around.
makalu wrote:
Personally I'd let your sister choose. Show her the ones you're thinking of online then get the one she wants.

A nappy bag is something she's going to use multiple times a day for many months and there are so many different types available.

Personally I find the back pack style ones hopeless for young babies as they aren't easy to attach to a pram and it's harder to find stuff quickly and easily. That's just my opinion though. I usually use a regular nappy bag with young babies then swap to a back pack once they're toddlers and you aren't carrying so much stuff around.

Thank you for the advice smile I might just send her a link to the ones I am looking at and ask for her favourites of each type, then when her son is a bit older I can give her the backpack one.
Sign in to follow this topic