Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

reading books Lock Rss

Hi i was just wondering at what age do we start reading books to our babies. My daughter is 10 weeks old is that to earlier or am i late.....

may you sleep in the arms of an angel

Hi there,

Riley has had books read to him since he was about the same age as your bubs. He gets at least one read to him each day (bedtime story) and really loves them (his favourite is Mr Men!). If he sees books when we are out shopping, he will get excited and point to them!! He seems to be really interested in anything with words on it, so we are hoping that it will stay that way. smile

Linda - mum to Riley 13.04.04 (#2 Due 29.12.05)

Mine hasn't really take much interest yet. My son is 6months and is more interested in trying to chew the corner of the book. He can sit still for longer looking at the pictures now and I guess that will keep improving. I still read him books as I love books and hope he loves them too. I think hes starting to get more interested as time goes on.
Emma is 6 1/2 weeks and I read her a book on Baby Animals today. I used sound effects and received great pleasure when she smiled back at me. It's interaction between mother and child, it can only be good. Next time I'm at the shops I'll be buying more books for her.
Enjoy the pleasures!

Mother of Stunning Emma
Sign in to follow this topic