Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

vibrating chairs Lock Rss

Hi guys,
just wondering if anyone has a vibrating rocker chair thingy???? My bubs seems to have a little unsettled period in the afternoon. He'll settle while being "bounced" in our arms a little(our first hated this kind of thing) but as its at 430 - 530 in the afternoon I really need to get things done for dinner for our toddler ect. Anyway we are thinking we might get one but thought I would ask those who have tried them out for brands ect altho in all honesty this will be our last bub so it wont be the most expensive smile
Ta for that
Bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

I've bought one for my second bub that is due in 2 weeks. I didn't go looking for it, it just happened that the rocker I liked had it.

Keep in mind that usually around 5pm-ish is what most call "the witching hour". My daughter used to always be unsettled at this time and after talking to other mums they all said the same. Just think how you usually feel around that time of day - tired knowing you still have dinner to cook, kid/s to feed and wash and all you want to do is sit down and have some peace and quiet.

My daughter, now 2yrs, still goes through her energy spurt and misbehaving time around 5pm.

Just another fun parenting thing!! LOL
Hi Bec,

I have the Kick and Play bouncer by Fisher Price and it is fantastic. It has a vibrate function and can play music and lights up automatically or you can set it so the baby kicks the bottom of the bouncer and this sets off the lights/music. It also has a mirror and a couple of toys attached to the bar. It really is a god send for play time and to settle Charlotte down. She loves the vibrate function. Developmentally I think this is probably one of the better bouncers. As she is only little I think about half an hour is probably the maximum she will sit in it before she starts getting bored but perhaps other bubs do not bore so quickly.

I would highly recommend these though especially if you need "hands free" time to get things done around the house.

Good luck with your purchase,

Belinda

Charlotte 14/6/05

I was given the Fisher Price "Kick and Play" one. It's more of a bouncer I think, it doesn't rock. My daughter loves making the lights flash and stuff. I does vibrate but I haven't used it all that much. I got in from my SIL as she used it for the very purpose you are decribing. She would put her daughter in it while they were trying to eat dinner and she would fall asleep. My daughter is restless at the same time 4:30-5:30 but I try to go for a walk cos that will usually send her to sleep, but when the weather is bad I will probably use the vibrating thing. But my MIL told me my daughter (now 9 weeks) will probably be too big for it soon... I dunno. I don't think I would have bought had I had to pay full price for it. See if you can find one second hand in the paper or on EBay.
Sign in to follow this topic