Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Newborn Accessories & Equipment
  5. Most indispensible baby accessories & Equipment

Most indispensible baby accessories & Equipment Lock Rss

the most indispensible items for my bub have to be: of course the dummy so much peace does that bring my portable safety first highchair, bub loves his fisher price aquarium so much peace at the push of a button, his winne the pooh toy he throws it around when hes on the floor then rolls after it keeps him amused for hours but the thing that I have found to be most indispensible is the breathing monitor thats under his mattress this puts my mind at ease that hes breathing and when I wake in the middle of the night its a comfort to see that little green light flashing in the dark. May sound silly to some but I wouldn't be without it.

kia, bris

Very handy are the musical toys that you pull that hang on to the cot. They are very good at waking a baby properly for a feed, also to stall them for time if you need to prepare a bottle for them while they are getting very hungry. It helps to relax them for a bit. Gripe water is good for wind. You can add it to their bottle if they wont take it orally. Microwave steriliser beats boiling bottles any old day. Dummys are good too when used in moderation, if possible!.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Personally, I have found that our Vibrating Bouncer has been the best invention ever!! This is very good at distracting her while I get her bottle ready and is good at getting her to calm down when she is very unsettled (Saving us from going for a drive).

Debbi,NSW, Mum to Krystal (3) and Hayley (2mth)

Funny as it my sound, bibs are my indispensible baby item as my girls a happy chucker. Without bibs we would have washing loads the size of everest everyday. (At the moment washing loads are the size of kosiosko!! HA HA) On average we go thru at least 10 bibs a day, so I'm so grateful someone came up with them!!!

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Hi all,

This has been great reading!

My most indispensible baby items are the already mentioned babybjorn carrier and fisher-price aquarium! But second time around i have discovered this lay back, moulded baby bath seat! My son loves it, he use to look so afraid in the bath, like i was going to drop him or something! Now he lays back in there for ages! As it leaves me hands free, it is a lot more practical with a 2yo running around!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

so pleased to see that so many people love the fisher-rpice aquarium. I just bought one for my son for christmas (he will be 3 months old), so hope he likes it.

j

I found that I couldn't do without my portacot as my husband races and when we were at the track for long periods I would put my daughter to sleep in it with a cover on it and I would also use it as a playpen.

Karen, 2 girls, 1 boy and 1 due edd 23.10.07

Hello,

I also have a Ocean Wonders Aquarium and i think its great, we use the "bubbles" sound to put Talana to sleep and she loves it (It sounds a bit like our fish tank and she normally falls asleep in the lounge room with it so i put in on icase she wakes up, hoping to soothe her back to sleep) and for the first time last week she acknowleged it and was laughing and gurgling to it! It was great!

My friend has also got a toy camera (i cant remember the brand, ill ask and let you all know!) and when you press the button the camers says "Smile the camera loves you" and pretends to take photos. This was the first toy that Talana responded to and she laughed so much (We got heaps of photos!) so i'm going to get one!

Also we have a toy that clips to the top of the pram thats sort of a mini-mobile and it has a mirror underneath so she can look at herself, she loves that too.

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Hi Leanne_Williams,

Have you had a chance to find out where to get the toy camera? I would love to get one for my son.

Thanks in advance,
sharon
Hi,
Im still not sure on that one Sharon, but ill check and let you know!
I really want to get one!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Definitely my baby bath recliner and baby bath seat (for older).

Talk about save your back and give you a free hand.

I was able to bath both my children in the big bath and forget about the back breaking baby bath which I had to find somewhere comfortable to sit it (on the kitchen table) fill it, carry it and empty it.

I didn't even bother to use the baby bath at all with my second.

Therese, BRISBANE, 3yr old boy 6 wk girl

Absolutely my sling and lambskin. My SIL always used them with her babies and I agree they are fantastic, especially when we travel as baby is always safe close to you in the sling or on a soft, comfy 'lambie' no matter if we are in a strange place. The sling is just a simple one called a meh tai but it folds up and can be carried in a handbag or even used to turn a regular chair into a safe place for baby to sit. It is so easy to wear, wash, carry and use. The lambskin is a second hand one from my SIL and still as good as new.
Other good 'equipment' is an older sibling to entertain baby, a partner to take over the cuddles sometimes and breasts for fast, clean, warm food.

AJs mum

Sign in to follow this topic