Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. JONTY - Girls name???? I WANT YOUR OPINION PLEASE..

JONTY - Girls name???? I WANT YOUR OPINION PLEASE.. Lock Rss

I really love the name Jonti or Jonty for a girl...

I just wonder what other people think... It this a boys name???

I think it is quite a pretty name and sound nice for a girl but I dont want to name my child (not sure of the sex as yet) a name that everyone is talking about behind my back...

My daughter who is nearly 2, name is Baylee Jayne.. I was in a similar predicament when naming her but I actually knew of a few other girls called Baylee or Bailey so it was not such an issue..

This time though I dont know of 1 other girl named Jonty, so I am just unsure of wether it is too boyish...

Please give me your ideas on the name... Be honest... Is it too much of a boy's name to be used for a girl...
[Edited on 18/10/2007]
I know no-one by the name Jonty, but hearing it my first thought was it was a girls name.
I think its pretty.
It is unisex, but my first thought was girl.

Jonty Rodhes the South African cricket player is the main one I know of so that is why most people think it more for a boy than a girl...

Glad you had said that as I also feel it more girly than boyish..

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated...
Hi,
I think its very pretty, and very different!
Good luck
xoxo

2 beautiful bubs!!

I think it is a form of Jonathan. Not sure which nationality though - possibly South African. I think it is predominantly male - but many names are used for both these days so if you like it why not? She might have problems with people who don't know her not knowing if she's a boy or a girl until they meet her, but that's no different to all the Lesley's, Charlie's, Alex's etc in the world anyway!
I knew of a Jonti and to me its a girls name.... Its quite nice and different.

What a gorgeous name for a girl, I just love it.....

Thanks to those who have posted....

Please keep your opinions comming... Any comment is appreciated...
Ive honestly never heard it till now, but i like it.
Definately sounds more like a girls name than a boys name to me!
My first thought was boy but only because of Jonty Rhodes. I have never thought about it as a girls name...To be honest, I am not a big fan of it, using it in a sentence, to me it sounds like a name for a puppy. (But I think that's because friends of ours have a dog called Monty, LOL)
Still, when picking a name, never mind what others will think. If you both and your partner like it, go for it!

3 Gorgeous Girls!

Thanks to everyone who has posted comments.... Really appreciated...

Please keep them comming... All coments are great appreciated

Thanks to everyone who has posted comments.... Really appreciated...

Please keep them comming... All coments are great appreciated

Sign in to follow this topic