Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

name for a boy? Lock Rss

Hi! My DS is Caleb and we have found out we are having another boy but I am struggling to find the right name. My DH likes Jacob but I am worried it sounds too much like Caleb. What do you think? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated!
Hi there,

I like the name Jacob, when i was a little girl i had the sweetest little friend called Jacob, he had twin brothers Tristen and Hamish. I think Jacob sounds totally different to Caleb.

My bub's name will either be-

Drue Rowan (boy)
Layla Susannah (girl)

Its funny i love a name and then go to shopping centre or some where and see a poor mum trying to get her child to stop throwing a tantrum on the floor in front of heaps of people, and usually the child is called the name i like. LOL.

Posted by: caleb''smummy
Hi! My DS is Caleb and we have found out we are having another boy but I am struggling to find the right name. My DH likes Jacob but I am worried it sounds too much like Caleb. What do you think? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated!
lol - my ds is also Caleb and we considered Jacob this time too, with ds it was between Caleb and Jacob and obviously Caleb won. When we found out we were having another boy we considered Jacob again but thought like you that it does sound very similar so we are looking at other names.
I think it comes down to personal choice though - if you really like it then use it. i love the name Jacob.

Personally & honestly? I think they are a bit close.

We have Hayden and also having another boy, and DH liked Harrison, but I thought even they were a bit close.
I just imagined yelling their names as though its dinner time, and Hayden 7 harrison sounded funny.

Perhaps ry doing that with Caleb & Jacob?
But ultimately, its up to you.

Mum to Hayden (21mths) and Brodie (10wks)

I have a Kaleb i think it's just the b on the end that makes you think it's too close to Jacob.

Other boy's names we think go alright with kaleb are

Taj
Chase
Rider
Jarrah

But I can't give away our fave it starts in a O and ends in Y so perfect with Caleb.

I think that they are similar, but who cares!!! If you really love the name, use it.

We have a Keira and a Tara and if we have another girl, thinking of calling her Kiah. Now they are all similar, but I've tried yelling them and can work it out and the way I figure it is that at school, they are going to be completely different years, so no trouble there, and at home, you just get used to it.
Hi they are similar, but will you shoten Jacob to jake? then its not so bad?
My fave boys names are
Kye
Jordan
Zach
Tye
Jye
Taj...hope this helps

Mummy to 2 beautiful girls aged 4 and 6 and one angel. VR to be done 2013

GO for it....I think it sounds fine. Call out the names together as if you are calling out to your boys.....Caleb, Jacob- sounds fine to me smile]

My DS is Jacob so its a fave of mine, but I think its goes really well with Caleb....

My DDs have very similar names and the only problem is it can get a bit tongue twisty, but I cant see you having that prob here as they are both strong names....
Sign in to follow this topic