Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Can't get him away from 'FRED'!!!!

Can't get him away from 'FRED'!!!! Lock Rss

I'm stuck, my partner really wants to call our baby Fred if it's a boy. I had this problem when I was pregnant the first time, but thank the lord we had a girl! I thought he was just joking and laughed about it for a start, but he is dead serious about naming his son Fred. ( We don't know what we are having) I've tried to get him to agree to Fred as a middle name but he will not budge and is so set on it. The babies last name will be Hotker, an old german name, he thinks it'll be fantastic!
How do I get him to change his mind?
Nothing I suggest will change his mind!
It's driving me nuts!

Our little girl is Emily, don't know if it's such a good combination.

Jo, Emily 2/9/04 & Will 13/5/06

My DH wanted Bob. I was going crazy because I prefer less common names due to my common name (Danielle) so I was really worried. Then I thought, stuff it, I made a list of names I liked and gave it to him, written with the sirname as well so you can see how they sound together. He finally agreed with Kai and Xander. When our DS was born, my husband was so overwhelmed by the whole experience that when I said, so which one is he? He said, you decide!!

Probably didn't help but if you hate the name, put your foot down girl!! It has to be mutual!

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

Make sure you're the one that fills in the birth certificate form!!!
Just after your baby's born and he's still overwhelmed by the whole thing pull rank and say I just went through ..... whatever.. for this baby and i want to call him..........
I did this and ultimately had the final say on our childrens names. I'm not saying I disregarded my husbands feelings but I kinda pulled rank and got my way.

Hope this helps
hi,
With our first my partner wanted "KULL!". (YUCK!)Reason being his name is CONAN and Kull is the son of Conan. After many discussions we settled on KANE. We are expecting a boy in Feb 06 and have decided on Noah.
My only suggestion is put your foot down!
Good Luck
Hi Jo,
I can see where you are coming from! Would you compromise and make it Frederick? Not that it is much better! I agree with the other mum, you go through the pain - should be a mutual agreement, if one doesnt like it then its not fair. Have a talk to your nurses and midwives while he is out of the room and make sure they are not to let him fill in the birth forms!!
Good luck, maybe I should wish for a girl for you again?!?!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic