Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Middle Names... Ideas Please

Middle Names... Ideas Please Lock Rss

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Michelle,

Personally I like William Harrison. I think you are lucky your hubby is offering names and you have been able to agree on a first name. I am jealous smile We have 12 weeks to go and I can only get ONE name suggestion from my partner and I don't like it!!

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hi ya.

Check out this web site, I have found it really useful with finding names:

www.babynames.com

You can set up a "favorites" page where you can have the first, middle and last in one line so you can see how it looks together. And it saves it so you can go back at another time and add more names or change around or delete.

Also you can aske to search by meaning, eg, we have been calling this baby little angel since I found out I was pregnant so I put in Angel and it came up with a list of names that have that meaning. It also has other search options.

My favorite at the moment is Angelina Charlotte. Angelina means Angel.

Let me know what ya think of the site

mum2 AJ 05, Mary-Jane 04, Rachael 99 & Jonothan 94

Hi chrissyd,

Thanks so much for the suggestion to check out that site... its great. I have just spent a good half an hour compiling a list of names I like. I will show them to my husband and see what we can come up with.

I think Angelina Charlotte is a very pretty name.

I also found out that William means protector, so I am looking for something to compliment that.

Thanks again for your great advice smile

Michelle.

I think is important to find out what the names mean, I liked quite a few names but when I found out what they ment I dont like them anymore.

And it also pays to check what the initals can spell or what names can be made from the names you choose.

One of my favorite girls names is Vanessa (means butterfly) but our last name starts with D so child would have initals of V.D - no so good.

I found a name on that site made up with Vanessa in it, it is Jennessa - Jennifer and Vanessa, this is on our list.

My childrens initals are:

J.I.D - Jonothan thinks this is cool now and we sometmes call him Jid.
R.R.D

mum2 AJ 05, Mary-Jane 04, Rachael 99 & Jonothan 94

my sons middle names are family names the elsest brad has richard afetr my fil my middle one blake has john aftre my mil's baby brother who died at 2. the youngest ryan hs mika a finnish name i was born in finland and it was a nice finnish name still easy to pronounce my sisters son is will xavierhow about xavier maybe you should think of some family names mybe your dads or fil or brothre etc?

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

we are going to use 'John' as a middle name. It is my partner's middle name, my dad's middle name and his dad's middle name. It is more important to my partner than me. I don't particularly like the name but since it is only a middle name and it has meaning it doesn't bother me .... now just to agree on a first name smile

Jo,

I've been meaning to ask you... what is the one name suggestion your husband has given that you don't like??? I am curious.

Well we are no closer to agreeing on a middle name, but we still have 14 more weeks to decide.

Thanks for all your ideas so far... smile

Michelle.
... I just wanted to add that the name William, we chose for our son is my father-in-laws name. But my dad has never been a part of my life so I wont use his name as a middle name...

Also every second generation on my husband's side dating back to the 1800's has a son called William and so far there is no William in this generation yet... but he is on his way smile

Just looking for a nice middle name to compliment how special the meaning of William is. I might head back to the family tree and see what other names pop up.

Michelle
Hi Michelle

I really like William. Unfortunately that name is out of the question for us because a friend my partner and I know from school is called that ... don't you hate it when that happens! We just want to have an individaul name that none of our friends or friends' kids have.

Michael loves the name Deegan. It reminds me of a suburb in Brisbane and a traffic intersection (Deagon Deviation). Before this name he loved Seth but I (and friends) managed to talk him out of that one.

I would really like Bailey but that doesn't go with Michael's surname. The other name I am pushing at the moment is Ethan.

Spose we still have another 10 weeks to decide ... smile I would love to be like you though and have the name chosen. The closer we get the more worried I am he will be nameless smile

Jo

Hi Jo,

Just a thought for you in regards to the name. If you don't mind telling your husband a little white lie, you can always say that you have only heard Deegan used as a girls name. Most guys will then swear off it for their son! I have a friend with a daughter called Teagan and Deegan sounds a lot like this so it's pretty close to true!

Don't worry, we only have 6 weeks to go and still can't find a boys name that we both like!

Yvette
Hi Michelle

We came up with middle names using family names. Haydn Jack, Jack coming from his Great Grandpa who died 10 weeks before he was born, we wonted to remember him, and he was such a great man, that it was only fitting to have Jack as our sons middle name. With Number 2, my husband and I have decided on Aimee Jewel, Jewel being my Nans first name and it is a common middle name in the family and Sean Anthony, Anthony being my Husbands Uncle who died only recently and we thought it would be fitting to use his name. So as you can see we have stuck to using family names as middle names, it is up to you though as to whether you stick with family names or just pick what sounds nice to you and your husband. Don't worry if it is common, if you like it, then stick to it. We were like that too, but realised that it didn't matter if it was common, we liked it and that was all that mattered.

Heather
Sign in to follow this topic