Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. i had chosen the perfect baby name

i had chosen the perfect baby name Lock Rss

KAt you mean Vèda yep I love the accents on letters. One of my boys is Dantè and the trouble Ive had getting the school to acknowledge the accent is a pain.

Cheers Ness

Ness my name is actually Denaè smile i just never spell it like that lol

Instead of Calais, what about Callie? It sounds almost the same when you say it outloud smile
I like Calais and I was thinking about renaming my dog that when I adopted her! It was because of the cars.
I dunno about Icesis either but that's me and I am in general not good with 'unique' names.

ETA- I like Denaes suggestion of Callie
[Edited on 05/03/2009]
I don't like those names either T sorry!

Thinking of your sons name and what might sound nice, what about: (I actually went looking Ava variations and came up with these instead lol)

Abigail ~ Meaning:Father's joy

Abijah ~ Meaning: The Lord is my father. In the Old Testament this is the name of several characters, both male and female, including the second King of Judah.

Adabelle ~ Meaning: Joyous and beautiful. From Ada and Belle.

Not a fan of the name either - but its your choice!

What about Isla (pronounced i-la)
if you really need 5 letters you could spell it Islla or Islah or even Islar

Its such a pretty name, and not common at all! It would also sound beautiful with E's name!
Calais is also the name of a town in France, so even tho YES it is associated with the car it does have other meanings...

I really dont like Iceis spelt like that sorry..

What about

Calais Ilisa - eye-lis-a
Calais Ilysa - eye-lis-a
Calais Iylah - eye-lah
Calais Olisa - o-lis-a
Your daughter but nope I wouldnt and couldnt use either of those names. Sorry but you did ask. Im all for uncommon names but not way out of left field names. Think of the child and the name calling she will get in school remembering that kids can be VERY cruel.
Posted by: boy-0-boy
Calais is also the name of a town in France, so even tho YES it is associated with the car it does have other meanings...

I agree, I don't think Calais is too bad. I met a baby girl called Marsae the other day, it's not a car but it is after a town in France, Marseille.

I can't bring myself to like Icesis spelt that way and the two together is a bit much.

I really like Iris too but that's only four letters also. How come you chose Ava originally if it only has three letters? Or is three letters ok in the middle?

I like Ava, dont like Mercedes reminds me too much of the Corby deliema. Calaias (sp) reminds me of a Car.

i love Mercades for a girls name. (not as much mercEdes)

Calais to me sounds like it would be a boys name.

Isis looks good like that too
What about Ava Mercedes? I think it actually flows better than Mercedes Ava.

Yes it's only 3 letters..... but really, if you love the name couldn't you bend your 'rule' this time? It's kinda weird to HAVE to have five letters or more! lol, sorry but that's what I think!

I'm with the others on this, I don't like Calais or Iceis. My name is Alyssa.. and even though it's not odd or completely uncommon I've spent my entire life pronouncing and spelling my name every time someone asks my name! Be kind to your little one! smile

Posted by: Chalys
What about Ava Mercedes? I think it actually flows better than Mercedes Ava.

Yes it's only 3 letters..... but really, if you love the name couldn't you bend your 'rule' this time? It's kinda weird to HAVE to have five letters or more! lol, sorry but that's what I think!

I'm with the others on this, I don't like Calais or Iceis. My name is Alyssa.. and even though it's not odd or completely uncommon I've spent my entire life pronouncing and spelling my name every time someone asks my name! Be kind to your little one! smile

She could spell it Ayvah...
Sign in to follow this topic