Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. i had chosen the perfect baby name

i had chosen the perfect baby name Lock Rss

Or Aivah

Why don't you go for names that are known but rare. Try to pick names that you can see your child having as a baby, teenager and an old person.

Here are a few ideas
Imogen
Lilly
Amalie
Sophie

Posted by: *Katrina*
OMG Ness I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vaydah but spelt Veda with the funny thingo above the 'E'.

OMG I was stuck for a girls name (only 9 weeks lol) but absolutely LOVE this!!

Prob spelt Veydah tho.... hmmmmm wonder if DH will agree lol.

OH the only thing is I think of Darth Vada do you think they would cop nasty kids at school??

Posted by: Amalija''s*Mum*
Why don't you go for names that are known but rare. Try to pick names that you can see your child having as a baby, teenager and an old person.

Here are a few ideas
Imogen
Lilly
Amalie
Sophie

I agree, something rare but not unheard of but Sophie was the 9th most popular baby name last year and Lily was 13th, even Imogen was in the top 50.
Like the suggestion of Amelie though I spell it differently. How about...

Aisha
Calla
Eliana
Ianthe
Indra
Ivy
Lila
Yasmina

I love the name Ava.

Can't say I'm a fan of Icesis... especially not spelled that way. From the way it's spelled I would want to say "Ice - ees - is" rather than Isis (which was the name of an Ancient Egyptian god). To suggest an alternative spelling, if you like 5-letter-plus names, maybe "Iscis"? I think it would lend itself more to the correct pronunciation.

I actually quite like Calais, I think it sounds nice! Ava is definitely my favourite of the ones you mentioned though.

I'm not a fan of either name, but again it's a personal choice.

Isis reminds me of the Avent Isis breast pump.

I agree with the PP and I think that Ava Mercedes flows better than Mercedes Ava.

Good luck with your decision, it's not always easy choosing a name.

I can be really hard to find a name that you and your partner are both happy with. I personally like Mercedes Ava cause I like longer first names with shorter middle names.

This may sound really mean but every time I hear the name Isis I think of the boy/girl on Americas Next Top Model and can't seem to get past that. Sorry.

Good luck.

Trinaty
Trinatie(sp)
Is a name ive had in mind for another baby i will one day have..

it not common from wat i no .. dont no if that helps

Or Calla...
My DH is hard to pick name with... can't have it named after any objects like Summer, Oceanna (ocean) Jasmine (flower..) Which are names I really like. LOL.. Guys are just difficult. But we finally have come up with two we like. Sometimes it takes ages and going through a whole baby name book but only choose it if you both like it.
I don't like Mercedes but I like Isis.

What about

Xanthippe
Calliope
Callista
Wrenna
Merissa
Ivy
Natalia
Odessa
Georgine
Gaia
T if you want to go with a car theme try Caprice for a girl and Monaro for a boy.
Posted by: DakotaGraceHamilton
I don't like Mercedes but I like Isis.

What about

Xanthippe
Calliope
Callista
Wrenna
Merissa
Ivy
Natalia
Odessa
Georgine
Gaia

I have never heard of most of those names! How would you even say Xanthippe?? I would guess "zanthip" or "zantheep"... I've heard of Xanthia before. Wrenna is quite pretty.
Sign in to follow this topic