Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Children with unusual names

Children with unusual names Lock Rss

We are playing the naming game atm and there is one name that my DF and i love but people either turn there nose up or say OH FROM STAR WARS!!! I have never even watched star wars! LMAO

The name we are talking about is Obie.

I dont know if im having a faze so im just really 'trying it on'. Df and i like it my mum keeps saying what about when he is 40?? But my responce was what about when a 'Phexin' or 'Phebe' or 'Sail' is 40!!! WHO REALLY CARES!

So to be honest when you hear a childs name such as Obie would your very first comment be a star wars one? LOL i dont think i could live with that, even though i do like the name.

And i just wanna add! We dont know the sex we are just having trubble with the boy name!

im not a star wars fan so to me it has no connection. i just dont know if i like the sound of the name itself.
i replied in your other thread saying it reminds me of Odie, who is a boy i knew, but also the dog from Garfield smile

the main thing is, to make sure you and DH like it.
TBH it does make me think of star wars when i hear/see it smile

like mummy*to*ashlee said the main thing is you and your DH have to like the name, it shouldnt matter what others think of it smile
I am incredably star wars sensitive ..I have a son named Luke !! ...

I would love a dollar for every time sone one has gotten right up in his face and in a horrible voice said "Luke ....I am your father " ....fuckheads !!! or ...."Oh ...is Dath Vader his father ??" yes ...yes that's right ..I rooted darth vader and here is the result ....fuckheads ....

so no honey ....dont do Obie !! lol lol lol ..he wil lbe getting light sabers for every birthday till he is 40 ...
I am incredably star wars sensitive ..I have a son named Luke !! ...

I would love a dollar for every time sone one has gotten right up in his face and in a horrible voice said "Luke ....I am your father " ....fuckheads !!! or ...."Oh ...is Dath Vader his father ??" yes ...yes that's right ..I rooted darth vader and here is the result ....fuckheads ....

so no honey ....dont do Obie !! lol lol lol ..he wil lbe getting light sabers for every birthday till he is 40 ...
You know what Frankie - I have NEVER made that connection with the name luke ... But I sure would with Obie. Sorry, not a name I would choose. But that is jusm.

LOL Franny u crack me up! How is Darth Vader in bed?? Does his voice get deeper? lol Or do u just imagine he is James Earl Jones? lol

I agree with Franny and Emma, he will HATE the star wars jokes but the time he is 10 lol and it does kinda remind u of Odie from Garfield.

LOL frankie. god if your son who is named Luke gets it imagine what it would be like for Obie!!! Maybe i should watc h the movie and that will put me off???

Oh but i do love the name LOL.

Maybe ill just go and find another name!

Seriously i do loath choosing names at times hahaha!

Yes Star Wars would be the first thing to come to mind.
It makes me think of star wars.
Not my cup of tea but if you like it that is all that matters

I am married to a Star Wars fan, and it drives me nuts!
We had a budgie called Obie, and then a Lorakeet called Mace (MaceWindu - also from star wars)

I really didn't think my two could get Star wars references, but DH occasionally calls Alana, "Alanican", drives me crazy!

I tend to agree with Frankie here and say he probably would be given light sabers til he is 40!
It is a nice name, but lets face it, there a tonnes of Star Wars fanatics out there!

Amy & daughters Jada 10/07/06, Alana 07/04/08

The first thing I thought of when I read the name was Star Wars...."Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope".

Sign in to follow this topic