Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. First letter of the first name same as first letter of the surname.. thoughts?

First letter of the first name same as first letter of the surname.. thoughts? Rss

For example Sam Smith, Brianna Brown, Kate Kelly, Jett Johnson etc
Im not against it although it completly depends on the names!
I would do it and know of heaps of people that have done it.

Aleigh
Posted by: *L*Shar*

I agree. If it's Jack Jackson then probably not... lol
I like it with certain letter. Can be quite catchy.
I went to school with a girl named Teoni Taylor and I always thought it was such a cool name.

Our beautiful boy arrived 16/12/09

DD is Sarah S and I never even though about it. When we get married and change our name (we are all going with my mum's maiden name) DF's first and last name will start with the same letter too.
Posted by: ~Boy-0-Boy~
Posted by: *L*Shar*

I agree. If it's Jack Jackson then probably not... lol

I agree too... but given that the name isnt "jack johnson" for example i think that having two names with the same letter generally sounds really good, nice and catchy and most of the time is easy on the tongue. smile
I think its normally fine, My brother is C S C.
Doesnt worry me at all!
Sometimes i think its sounds even better eg. Jack Johnson..cool name/cool guy!??
I'm a KK (was KF before i got married), DH is a KK & DS is only a CK coz we figured if he was a KK we'd be stuck having to name all our kids starting with a K!?
Definately dont cross off a name just coz its the same starting letter!
Good luck choosing! gasp)

I had initially chosen the name peyton for my little girl but when I realised her initials would be "PP" I changed my mind!

So in some cases, I think it doesn't work smile
I think your overthinking it :S

Alexis Jayne 19.08.09

as lond as its not D.D (like douglas donaldson) we had a guy with the initials dd in school and he was paid out big time (he was a big guy too) everyone used to call him double d, ask him what size bra he wore etc.. must of traumatised him

Sign in to follow this topic