Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. disagreements with names between you and your partner

disagreements with names between you and your partner Lock Rss

im due in january and my partner and i had agreed on natasha jayde for our girl but then his grandad had a stroke and in his confused state asked my partners mum how her granddaughter tracey was. now because my partner believes that his grandad was referring to our baby(he has 2 neices ond a nephew) he wants to call her tracey but im a little unsure of how it sounds with natasha(which is middle name). does any one have any solutions?

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

it sounds ok.

both ways round it sounds nice.

i never had a disagreement so i dont know how stressful it can be we had two names picked out when we were 4 weeks preggas and we have other names chosen now for the next kids and we aint preggas.

good luck

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

thanks. i thought we had the name chosen. the other issue is God parents. i never thought that this could be so hard even if it did take us 3 weeks before we named our cat!

Hi there,

When I was pregnant with my first son Joshua. We had agreed that his name would be Stephen Joshua, Stephne after his grandads, and his dad. But the more I thought about it a family function would have had more than those four running as my Uncles name is Stephen too. So in the end I spoke with my dad and my FIL, and they helped me to convince my partner that Joshua Stephen was better.

I think either name sounds good.

We are trying to get a few names we like ready for baby number 3, which isnt going fantastically at the moment, but we have awhile yet.

Good luck with it all.

Kathy,VIC,Josh 8, Alex 7, Michael 1

My hubby and I gave birth to Twins in May and we chose the name Luca for a boy, however he did end up with Luke instead. We chose that name in about the 3/4th month.

We were stuck on a girl and decided just before the birth. However we did have many disagreements about the names each other brought up.

In the end we combined two names and ended up with one.

I liked Rhiannon and My hubby liked Yana and that's how we came up with our little girls name, RHIARNA.

We were going to spell it RHIANNA but people kept saying the name Ree - Anna so I put the R in there so people would say it like I wanted. Ree - Ar - Na.

Just a thought.
we have the first names picked it is the middles names we have are having disagreements on. My husband doesn't want the baby to be named after any one in the family like our girls are, so he thought we should combine our names and that will be it's middle name. the only two names he likes out of the combinations are Elton for a boy and Tonelle for a girl. I can't say that i am fond of either, so I guess I will just have to keep disagreeing.

Good luck

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Hello Hollie,
we had Tori April picked out for our first child and Cai Bailey for boy, my husband chose Tori, a couple of months before I was due I had a feeling it was a girl and changed the name to Maddison Tori(we both liked) and agreed to use April for the next child as middle name, fell pregant again and instantly knew it was another girl so chose Zoe April, both loved it, we ended up losing her at 20 weeks and 3 days but had her named as Zoe April, then feel pregnant again and again knew it was a boy this time, mu husband decided the boys name we had for both girls was horrible so back to square one- we both decided on Lleyton Ky and kept it, now pregnant unexpecedly again, my husband chose Ellie for girls name and I had a feeling it was to be another girl and had ir confirmed twice, I love the name Sienna but he hates it! So we compromised on Ellie Sienna (he still hates Sienna) but as I'm having my fourth ceasarean-it's sticking and being 11 weeks off having her 'Ellie Sienna' it will be. Men are so stubborn, good luck!
Belinda

BelindaQld, 4 children (1 in heaven)

yea thanks. my partner and i are still disagreeing he has now said natasha ann or natasha margret then his friend said that she doesnt need a middle name or hyphen natasha-jayde. this is getting too complicated for me i think.

Sign in to follow this topic