Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Unusual girls names Lock Rss

I'm due to have a daughter in 9 weeks, I liked Mia, but apparently it's quite a common name.. how many Mia's are out there?
And does anyone have any unusual or uncommon names for girls?
I really like Mia and the only Mia I know is my neighbours Daughter.
The only reason I won't use it is cause the Mum's full of herself and would give me grief for not being able to come up with my own name!

I would have to say it's very common sorry.

What about Myah?

I know lots of little Mias but I guess it's because it's a beautiful name!

hey,.. Mia isnt common amoungst my friends - i only know one and she is BEAUTIFUL.. i personally would go for the name you really love, regardless of whether it is popular.. name themes are different amoungst different areas, so if you don't know loads, then you should go for it...
good luck (love the name and think you should stick with it..)

hey,.. Mia isnt common amoungst my friends - i only know one and she is BEAUTIFUL.. i personally would go for the name you really love, regardless of whether it is popular.. name themes are different amoungst different areas, so if you don't know loads, then you should go for it...
good luck (love the name and think you should stick with it..)

I like the name Aria for a girl, i got it from watching americas next top model, 1 of the models had a daughter called Aria and i really like it.
I have a gorgeous little girl names Ariellah, she gets Ella for short 90% of the time but also gets Ariel, Elli and Aria smile
Other 'unusual' names i like for a girl are
Emilianah (next DD if i have another lol, Emmi for short)
Alianah (a friend has)
Alyrah
Jayla
Tileah
Briella
Ariana
I know heaps, will you say it My-uh or Me-uh? Maia- My-uh is pretty too.

Soliel
Florence
Agatha (Aggie)
Coco
Dulcie
Celeste
Octavia
Aoife
Hebe
Romilly
Emilia
Mabel
Calliope
Esme
Hi,
I was really set on a name for a girl but we have found out we are having a boy. Still happy, Ill just cross my fingers i get to use my girls name next time.
I love Nevaeh! Sounded out its -(NA-VAY-A)
Its Heaven backwards and i had my heart set on it lol... now im stuffed trying to come up with a boys name to match it.
Hope it helps smile
I have heard a quite a few Mia's out there.
My daughters name is Remidee, she gets Remy for short.
I also loved Shyla, Cleo, Rogue and Clovey. If its short names u like, i have heard a few original ones including Nyla, Jazz & Taya
mia is in the top ten most common names in 2009 in NZ anyway smile think it was number 5 or 6 ?? cant remember.

i like cassidy for a girl
Hi we loved the name Mia for years before it became ever so popular & still possibly may use it if bub (due in Aug)is a girl; however a friend named her daughter Mia so I am desperately looking for Mia 'alternatives' but dh is so set on the name Mia its going to be tough to sway him! The names Maya and Maia are really growing on me as they're similar but not as common, theres also Tia or Nyah. Best of luck smile
Sign in to follow this topic