Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Suggestions please..... Rss

So, we have been looking for a boys name, with not alot of luck.
Nothing seems to grab me, I like quite a few, but cant find "the one", IYKWIM.

So, please some suggestions for names are very much needed.

I like quite a range of names from unusual to traditional, Dh on the other hand is a little more conservative, but he did pick DD2's name, Indiana.
He likes Jordan and Xavier so far.

Prefer name not to be super popular if possible. We would rather something not in the Top 20 baby names, not unheard of, just different or something that hasnt been overused lately.
Surname is a hard one too,..... Paine.......
Suggestions please.........

I like Xavier!
Other names I like are Cruz,Connor,Lincoln,Mason,Luke,Luka,Brock,Archer,Tahj,Zac,Joel,Adam,Nathan,Trenton.

I like Xavier!
Other names I like are Cruz,Connor,Lincoln,Mason,Luke,Luka,Brock,Archer,Tahj,Zac,Joel,Adam,Nathan,Trenton.

thanks rissy84, I actually love alot of your suggestions!! I love Lincoln, Zac and Brock- Dh does not. We both really like Luke- but it is SOOOO popular, and Joel is a name that was on our list some time ago. Not sure how it goes with surname though, Joel Paine- a bit short maybe??

we have 3 xavier at our pre school

we had a terrible time looking for boys names too they are really hard to get sorted my mum suggest Boston to us for our boy and I loved it my Husband hated it.... to bad I said thats what it was going to be.

most people like it.... i don't like names like Thomas, James etc
i do like Luke though but there are heaps of those around....
I always find boys names hard.Ill think of some more ideas,I love names lol smile
Do you have any middle names?
angus
baxter
cohen
darius
elliot
feenix
greyson
hamish
isaac
jervis
kobee
lindon
mackenzie
nate
oliver
parker
quinn
ryder
sampson
trey
vaughan
will
xander
zachary

I always find boys names hard.Ill think of some more ideas,I love names lol smile
Do you have any middle names?

Boys are terribly hard!! I think thats why we have been blessed with 2 girls, as there names were so easy.

As for middle names- Dh would like to name a boy after his late father, John Allan. I would prefer Allan as I prefer shorter first names and they flow better with surname. He also wants Ace John!! It just doesnt sit right for me though. So, either,
John
Allan
or I like Joseph after Dh's middle name.

I think i'm falling for the name Austin at the moment. It matches in well with our previous name choices. It's a nice name that's hopefuly not to popular? and i like it with the middle name James because James is strong and extra normal to create a sophisticated name Austin James

Boys are terribly hard!! I think thats why we have been blessed with 2 girls, as there names were so easy.

As for middle names- Dh would like to name a boy after his late father, John Allan. I would prefer Allan as I prefer shorter first names and they flow better with surname. He also wants Ace John!! It just doesnt sit right for me though. So, either,
John
Allan
or I like Joseph after Dh's middle name.

I have 2 girls aswell,I loved naming them.
Heres some more names
Xaidon (combination of Xavier and Jordan)
Jackson
Rylan
Malachi
Cameron
Adam
Cohen
Jesse
Ryder
Lleyton
Korben

thanks rissy84, I actually love alot of your suggestions!! I love Lincoln, Zac and Brock- Dh does not. We both really like Luke- but it is SOOOO popular, and Joel is a name that was on our list some time ago. Not sure how it goes with surname though, Joel Paine- a bit short maybe??

Hi,

What about Luka? or Lucas?

I love Dylan, Austin, Hudson & Christopher at the moment. They would also go with Paine. I think you need a two (or more) syllable first name to go with you surname.

Good luck! smile

I think i'm falling for the name Austin at the moment. It matches in well with our previous name choices. It's a nice name that's hopefuly not to popular? and i like it with the middle name James because James is strong and extra normal to create a sophisticated name Austin James

Austin is a name that has definately caught my eye lately.
We had Ashton picked for DD1 if she had been a boy, but Dh has gone off it, but I actually prefer Austin now. Seems more sophisticated and would age timelessly on him as he matured.

My only concerns-
1. Well Dh's opinion must count too I guess, lol.

2. We have an Indiana already. And she did attract a few, not many, but a few of the "Indiana Jones" comments when we named her, so Im a little worried about the movie connection again to "Austin Powers"!! Also surname is Paine, Austin Paine??!?? Too close to Austin Powers???????

Aston.
Sign in to follow this topic