Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Rico Lock Rss

keen to get opinions on the name Rico? I LOVE it, also how would you pronounce it? (just want to check that people would pronounce it properly)

Also would it be weird if we have kids named Diago and Rico, both spanish names when we arent spanish or anything lol. just love the names.

any honest opinions appreciated, positive or negative smile
I would pronounce it RICK - O
but now i know its spanish i honestly think its meant to be pronounce ree-co???

And no it doesnt matter that you have two spanish names. People would have to be awfully bored to even sit down and think about it.
It is pronounced Ree-ko. I think it's cute. I don't think it's too much with Diego. I think if you had Diego and Jack or something that would be more weird. I like the name Nico too which is actually Greek which is weird considering it rhymes but it could be an alternative if you are worried about both names being Spanish.
I like it.
It goes well with Diago too.
I would pronounce it 'Ricko'
I would pronounce it Ree-Co and I think its a great choice to go with your son. Go for it!
thanks for the opinions ladies

it is pronounced Ree-co, i have always loved the name, since DS went to daycare with a little boy with the name. but i always thought it would be too much with Diago. It seems most people think its ok and DP actually likes it which is rare with the names i suggest to him haha, but said he needs to think about it. Also goes with the last name!

thankyou again for opinions, keep them coming smile
Hmm I dont think I like it,sorry but thats my honest opinion.If you love it then go with it.I think it will always get mis pronounced coz it looks like Ricko.I really like Rocko.
I love it..... my brothers name is Richard and we call him that time to time

Hmm I dont think I like it,sorry but thats my honest opinion.If you love it then go with it.I think it will always get mis pronounced coz it looks like Ricko.I really like Rocko.

That's ok i want all opinions, good and bad smile not a fan of rocko.
I think the two names go really well together, i would pronounce rico as -Ree-ko
When I first read post I thought it was said, "Ricko".
The more I read, and when you said it was spanish I thought it must have been, "Ree-co".

I like "Ree-co", dont like Ricko. I think its one you will be correcting people alot, but depends if that bothers you or not.

Diago and Rico go alright together. I love some "cultural" names, but they just dont sound right when I say them with an Aussie accent, lol.

I would say Ree-co and I think it's a gorgeous name. Goes well with Diago smile
I did also like the suggestion of Nico...pronounced Nee-co

Sign in to follow this topic