Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

baby name shame Rss

Amahli?? thats awesome grin

My daughter's name is Amarli smile
I havent copped any slack,except DF's mum kept caliing her Amelie when she was 1st born.
My other daughters name is Montaya Jaslyn.
I dont cop much slack over that name either ppl either comment on how nice it is or they say Oh that is different.(which probably translates to OMG what a name).
It doesnt bother me because they are my children and I love their names,I like unusual names.
when i was pregnant with ds i wanted t cal him Ezekiel Pheonix my mum was lik omg the kid wont know how to spell his name till he's in year 3 lol i still like both names tho, just maybe not together, id love twins to name that tho. if he was a girl he would have been Aleighya Jayde. my family were begging me to chose a "normal" name. he ended up with kobee james which my mum said kobee reminded her of her friends daughters dog, but i went with it and she loves it now, tells me all the time that it suits him and she couldnt imagine him as anything else lol

dd we didnt realy have a boy name picked for her but we had marli grace, mhylee jayde and keeley ??? picked out for her wasnt until the very last minute we decided on keeley and jean fr her middle name after my nan.

for our next baby i have picked kalani jewel for a girl and mackenzee john for a boy. when i said kalani my mil gave me "the look" until i explained to her that its SIL(katie) name and my sisters(lahni) names together, then she was kinda chuffed (my sisters middle name is Kate too so its pretty much just my sisters name haha works out well either way) and jewel is after my nan. kalani means heavenly or sky so together its like heavenly sky jewel (which to me is a star and our ast name is knight) so it all ties in so well adn would have so much meaning behind it im in love with it lol (sorry rambling)

anyways its gd t give an pinion, when its asked for. its also nice to do it in a way that isnt ging to a. mae u look like a B! and b offened the other person. if your opinion isnt ased for...shut up

i named my first little girl Audrey and everyone complained that it was too old fashioned and we are naming our second Delilah Jade and everyone complaines about that one too

I would have loved to have called one of our daughters, Audrey, as I love Audrey Hepburn, but it just doesn't go with our surname sad

I also love the name Delilah, very pretty!

i named my first little girl Audrey and everyone complained that it was too old fashioned and we are naming our second Delilah Jade and everyone complaines about that one too

I would have loved to have called one of our daughters, Audrey, as I love Audrey Hepburn, but it just doesn't go with our surname sad

I also love the name Delilah, very pretty!
I had a few different names picked out.

Harmony
Bliss : - My sister said it sounds like a stripper so now i am slightly worried about it, still thinking of using it as a middle name.
Nikita

and people always look at me with one of those (i dont like those names) faces.

I didnt even think they were that strange!!

at least non of use called are children Apple.
I got flack from my mother in-law for all my childrens names and I don't see anything wrong with them.

Ethan Xavier, Marcus Phoenix and Emily-Rose Viola.

I had a few different names picked out.

Harmony
Bliss : - My sister said it sounds like a stripper so now i am slightly worried about it, still thinking of using it as a middle name.
Nikita

MrsK I wanted to give bd to have Bliss as a middle name and dh was giving me these ones blink ha ha ha

On the spelling issue. I was at woolies and met this girl, her name was spelled with a twist. I asked her does it annoy you having to spell your name? She said it was horrible and she curses her mother every day.

MrsK I wanted to give bd to have Bliss as a middle name and dh was giving me these ones blink ha ha ha

On the spelling issue. I was at woolies and met this girl, her name was spelled with a twist. I asked her does it annoy you having to spell your name? She said it was horrible and she curses her mother every day.

My hubby loved the name bliss, but after my sisters comments i just feel i would be setting her up to be a stripper (stupid i know)

I dont blame her, my boss is called Aleks even tho the name is normal and the spelling is really nice and different you always hear him spelling it out to people on the phone!
We never announce names until the baby is born AND we never ask for anyone's opinion...if you never ask you technically should never get one....

We were careful not to name him after anyone, his initials did not spell anything, any nicknames/abbreviations were OK, easy to spell, did not rhyme with anything awful, did not sound like somthing naughty, and the meaning was ok....

As pp have said, you cannot please everyone! As long as you are happy, who cares what anyone else thinks? They will get over it!

And i think its quite rude to tell a person you dont like the name they have picked out!

At the end of the day, your the one with the child so its your desicion!

Exactly what I was going to say.

Yes, there are some names that I don't like, but how boring if we all liked the same names.

You should not feel bad or be made to feel bad because of the names you have chosen for your children. Doesn't matter what others think. smile

I'm not overly keen on Audrey myself, but I must say there are a lot worse names around though, but I absolutely adore Delilah smile My mum hates it and I don't get why its so pretty!

I get flack for there names rhyming...as if i did it on purpose, i just liked both names smile (Mia & Mason) plus DP name is Jason & im jess so its all kinda matching and cute hehe Jess,jason,mia & mason,Jason/mason ect meh

thank god you went with Mason, Sebastian is just yuk! (geez I hope nobody here has a Sebastian.. LOL) tongue

DD's name is Jadzia Johanna Wissink, which when we tell people we get 'the look' LOL and i explain Johanna (pronounced Yohanna) and Wissink is Dutch (DPs family is dutch and johanna is his grandmothers name) and Jadzia is the ONLY name we could agree on!!

But we've nicknamed her JJ! I love it and for when shes a child i think JJ's fine and when shes older she can have Jadzia instead.

We copped and still do alot of flack from everyone (family included) and i just think well im not asking for your opinion and its MY daughter so deal with it. And i think its quite rude to tell a person you dont like the name they have picked out!

We've picked for a boy Talon Antonios. Which is along the same lines. Dutch and different! So im hoping we have a boy next.

At the end of the day, your the one with the child so its your desicion!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jadzia Johanna. I saw that name in the bonds baby comp and thought 'i've seen it before somewhere' now I know where tongue

I personally don't have a problem with telling people if I don't like their kids names (only if they ask for an opinion though, don't just go around saying I hate this and that). If people don't like my kids name I don't care, it doesn't offend me at all. I like it. End of story. I don't get why people get so defensive over such things, obviously the name was nice enough in their opinion to name their child that so who cares what other people say right?
I seriously know a couple who named their daughter Tinkerbell, now thats just stupied
Sign in to follow this topic